PPG Industries: Insider and Institutional Stock Sales in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of PPG Industries Inc. (NYSE:PPG).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold PPG Industries Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Bunch Charles E: act as Chairman and CEO. On 07/25/2011, sold 67,067 shares, worth $5,979,000.
- Bunch Charles E: act as Chairman and CEO(Click HERE for the list of stocks that their CEOs have bought). On 10/31/2011, sold 58,230 shares, worth $5,082,300.
- Mcgarry Michael H: act as Sr. VP, Commodity Chemicals. On 07/25/2011, sold 9,600 shares, worth $853,900.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of PPG Industries Inc. in Q3 2011:
- CAPITAL WORLD INVESTORS: On 06/30/2011, held 2,166,649 shares, worth $194,023,418. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- HGK ASSET MANAGEMENT INC: On 06/30/2011, held 459,730 shares, worth $41,168,822. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- CITADEL ADVISORS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 335,312 shares, worth $30,027,190. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- PINEBRIDGE INVESTMENTS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 156,614 shares, worth $14,024,784. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- CARLSON CAPITAL L P: On 06/30/2011, held 136,968 shares, worth $12,265,484. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: PPG Industries, Inc. supplies products for the manufacturing, construction, automotive, chemical processing, and other industries worldwide. The Company makes protective and decorative coatings, flat glass, fabricated glass products, continuous-strand fiber glass products, and industrial and specialty chemicals.
Competitors to Watch: The Valspar Corporation (NYSE:VAL), RPM International Inc. (NYSE:RPM), Sherwin-Williams Company (NYSE:SHW), E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Co. (NYSE:DD), Olin Corporation (NYSE:OLN), Corning Incorporated (NYSE:GLW), and FMC Corporation (NYSE:FMC).
(Note: Data regarding PPG Industries Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>