Praxair: Funds Buying Stock in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Praxair Inc. (NYSE:PX).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Praxair Inc. in Q3 2011:
- SAC CAPITAL ADVISORS LP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,134,206 shares, worth $106,025,577.
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 614,111 shares, worth $57,407,096.
- MARTIN CURRIE LTD: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 351,265 shares, worth $32,836,252.
- TEACHERS RETIREMENT SYSTEM OF THE STATE OF KENTUCKY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 306,200 shares, worth $28,623,576.
- CHILTON INVESTMENT CO LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 208,500 shares, worth $19,490,580.
About the company: Praxair, Inc. supplies gas to industries primarily located in North and South America. The Company produces, sells, and distributes atmospheric gases including oxygen, nitrogen, argon, and rare gases, as well as process gases including carbon dioxide, helium, hydrogen, electronics gases, and acetylene. Praxair also supplies metallic and ceramic coatings and powders.
(Note: Data regarding Praxair Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>