Preview: Your Cheat Sheet to Google Earnings
Rather than enter the earnings release blind, here’s Your Cheat Sheet to Google’s Earnings:
Earnings Expectations: Analysts expect earnings of $8.06 a share on revenues of $6.1 billion.
Outlook: Google’s outlook for 2011 will be based on whether the advertising climate is starting to improve generally — and more ad dollars will pile online specifically.
Keys to a Successful Earnings Announcement: Investors will be looking for the following:
- Ads: An ad division recovering at pace or better than the economy.
- Android: News that Android phones and apps were the MUST HAVE products for the holiday season.
- Youtube: Increased monetization of the world’s largest video site.
- Google TV: An indication that media companies are willing to give Google TV access to their websites or on-demand content.
- China: Anything that indicates Google could better compete in the world’s biggest market.
Competitors: Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL), Yahoo (NASDAQ:YHOO), Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT), eBay (NASDAQ:EBAY), Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN), Bidu (NASDAQ:BIDU), Oracle (NASDAQ:ORCL), Research in Motion (NASDAQ:RIMM), and AOL (NYSE:AOL).
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter >>