Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Principal Financial Group Inc. (NYSE:PFG).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Principal Financial Group Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Mccaughan James P: act as President – Global Asset Mgmt.. On 07/06/2011, sold 6,586 shares, worth $197,300.
- Mccaughan James P: act as President – Global Asset Mgmt.. On 10/27/2011, sold 6,586 shares, worth $182,400.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Principal Financial Group Inc. in Q3 2011:
- CITADEL ADVISORS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 3,033,470 shares, worth $89,699,708. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- FINDLAY PARK PARTNERS LLP: On 06/30/2011, held 682,982 shares, worth $20,195,778. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- PGGM INVESTMENTS: On 06/30/2011, held 327,929 shares, worth $9,696,861. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- TEACHER RETIREMENT SYSTEM OF TEXAS: On 06/30/2011, held 164,732 shares, worth $4,871,125. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- PINEBRIDGE INVESTMENTS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 123,119 shares, worth $3,640,629. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Principal Financial Group, Inc. offers businesses, individuals and institutional clients a range of financial products and services. The Company offers retirement solutions, life and health insurance, wellness programs, and investment and banking products.
Competitors to Watch: Unum Group (NYSE:UNM), AFLAC Incorporated (NYSE:AFL), American Independence Corp. (NASDAQ:AMIC), CIGNA Corporation (NYSE:CI), WellPoint, Inc. (NYSE:WLP), Universal American Corp. (NYSE:UAM), Humana Inc. (NYSE:HUM), HealthMarkets, Inc. (NYSE:UCI), American Insurance Group (NYSE:AIG) and Triple-S Management Corp. (NYSE:GTS).
(Note: Data regarding Principal Financial Group Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>