Principal Financial Group: Institutional Investors Supporting Shares in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Principal Financial Group Inc. (NYSE:PFG).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Principal Financial Group Inc. in Q3 2011:
- WEDGE CAPITAL MANAGEMENT L L P/NC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 708,775 shares, worth $15,621,401.
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 354,611 shares, worth $7,815,626.
- OXFORD ASSET MANAGEMENT: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 266,975 shares, worth $5,884,129.
- PUBLIC EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT ASSOCIATION OF COLORADO: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 239,644 shares, worth $5,281,754.
- AMERICAN NATIONAL INSURANCE CO /TX/: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 203,675 shares, worth $4,488,997.
About the company: Principal Financial Group, Inc. offers businesses, individuals and institutional clients a range of financial products and services. The Company offers retirement solutions, life and health insurance, wellness programs, and investment and banking products.
Competitors to Watch: Unum Group (NYSE:UNM), AFLAC Incorporated (NYSE:AFL), American Independence Corp. (NASDAQ:AMIC), CIGNA Corporation (NYSE:CI), WellPoint, Inc. (NYSE:WLP), Universal American Corp. (NYSE:UAM), Humana Inc. (NYSE:HUM), HealthMarkets, Inc. (NYSE:UCI), American Insurance Group (NYSE:AIG) and Triple-S Management Corp. (NYSE:GTS).
(Note: Data regarding Principal Financial Group Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>