Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of PSS World Medical Inc. (NASDAQ:PSSI).
SEC data indicate these insiders have bought PSS World Medical Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Rogers Stephen H: act as Director. On 08/03/2011, bought 3,000 shares, worth $67,600.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of PSS World Medical Inc. in Q3 2011:
- BROWN ADVISORY HOLDINGS INC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,110,762 shares, worth $21,870,904.
- CAMBIAR INVESTORS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 900,718 shares, worth $17,735,137.
- PERKINS INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 797,450 shares, worth $15,701,791.
- EPOCH INVESTMENT PARTNERS INC.: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 548,322 shares, worth $10,796,460.
- CADENCE CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 504,760 shares, worth $9,938,724.
About the company: PSS World Medical, Inc. markets and distributes medical supplies and equipment to office based physicians and long term care providers. The Company operates throughout the United States.
Competitors to Watch: Henry Schein, Inc. (NASDAQ:HSIC), Chindex Intl., Inc. (NASDAQ:CHDX), Patterson Companies, Inc. (NASDAQ:PDCO), Owens & Minor, Inc. (NYSE:OMI), Lincare Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ:LNCR), Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE:CAH), AmerisourceBergen Corp. (NYSE:ABC).
(Note: Data regarding PSS World Medical Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>