Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of QEP Resources, Inc. (NYSE:QEP).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of QEP Resources, Inc. in Q3 2011:
- LAZARD ASSET MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,124,036 shares, worth $30,405,174.
- RENAISSANCE TECHNOLOGIES LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,045,600 shares, worth $28,283,480.
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 898,132 shares, worth $24,294,471.
- BLACKTHORN INVESTMENT GROUP LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 500,000 shares, worth $13,525,000.
- EAGLE ASSET MANAGEMENT INC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 410,583 shares, worth $11,106,270.
About the company: QEP Resources Inc. is an independent natural gas and oil exploration and production company. The Company’s operations are focused in the Rocky Mountain and Midcontinent regions of the United States. QEP also gathers, compresses, treats, and processes natural gas.
Competitors to Watch: Questar Corporation (NYSE:STR), GeoResources, Inc. (NASDAQ:GEOI), Warren Resources, Inc. (NASDAQ:WRES), Continental Resources, Inc. (NYSE:CLR), Chevron Corporation (NYSE:CVX), Oasis Petroleum Inc. (NYSE:OAS), Gastar Exploration Ltd. (AMEX:GST), Encore Energy Partners LP (NYSE:ENP), Devon Energy Corporation (NYSE:DVN), and Double Eagle Petroleum Co. (NASDAQ:DBLE).
(Note: Data regarding QEP Resources, Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>