RadioShack: Major Shareholder Stock Sales in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of RadioShack Corp. (NYSE:RSH).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold RadioShack Corp.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Applbaum Lee D.: act as Exec VP-Chf Mkting Ofcr. On 07/28/2011, sold 58,333 shares, worth $831,200.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of RadioShack Corp. in Q3 2011:
- CHOU ASSOCIATES FUND: On 06/30/2011, held 1,000,000 shares, worth $12,740,000. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- TWO SIGMA INVESTMENTS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 541,863 shares, worth $6,903,335. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- FIRST QUADRANT L P/CA: On 06/30/2011, held 512,887 shares, worth $6,534,180. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- SABA CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, L.P.: On 06/30/2011, held 398,102 shares, worth $5,071,819. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- TD ASSET MANAGEMENT INC: On 06/30/2011, held 395,027 shares, worth $5,032,644. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: RadioShack Corporation operates a chain of retail consumer electronics goods and services stores located throughout the United States and Mexico, along with wireless phone kiosks in the US, and dealer outlets worldwide. The Company offers consumers wireless phone and other electronic products and services from national brands and exclusive private brands and wireless carriers.
Competitors to Watch: Best Buy Co., Inc. (NYSE:BBY), CONN’S, Inc. (NASDAQ:CONN), GameStop Corp. (NYSE:GME), hhgregg, Inc. (NYSE:HGG), Systemax (NYSE:SYX), Wal-Mart (NYSE:WMT), Target (NYSE:TGT), Funtalk China Hldgs. Ltd. (NASDAQ:FTLK), Rent-A-Center, Inc (NASDAQ:RCII), Amazon.com (NASDAQ:AMZN), eBay (NASDAQ:EBAY), Vita Group Limited (AMEX:VTG).
(Note: Data regarding RadioShack Corp.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>