Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Range Resources Corporation (NYSE:RRC).
SEC data indicate these insiders have bought Range Resources Corporation’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Eales Richard V: act as Director. On 08/09/2011, bought 3,500 shares, worth $188,300.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Range Resources Corporation in Q3 2011:
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 5,467,568 shares, worth $319,634,025.
- ARTISAN PARTNERS LIMITED PARTNERSHIP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,707,900 shares, worth $99,843,834.
- WINSLOW CAPITAL MANAGEMENT INC /MN: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,495,084 shares, worth $87,402,611.
- ZIMMER LUCAS CAPITAL LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 876,500 shares, worth $51,240,190.
- CANNELL PETER B & CO INC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 759,670 shares, worth $44,410,308.
About the company: Range Resources Corporation is an independent oil and gas company that explore, develops, and acquires oil and gas properties. The Company conducts operations primarily in the Southwestern, Appalachian and Gulf Coast regions of the United States.
Competitors to Watch: Vanguard Natural Resources, LLC (NYSE:VNR), EV Energy Partners, L.P. (NASDAQ:EVEP), NGAS Resources, Inc. (NASDAQ:NGAS), Atlas Energy, Inc. (NASDAQ:ATLS), New Concept Energy, Inc. (AMEX:GBR), Rex Energy Corporation (NASDAQ:REXX), BreitBurn Energy Partners L.P. (NASDAQ:BBEP), EQT Corporation (NYSE:EQT), Chesapeake Energy Corp. (NYSE:CHK), and Anadarko Petroleum Corp. (NYSE:APC).
(Note: Data regarding Range Resources Corporation’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>