Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Raytheon Co. (NYSE:RTN).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Raytheon Co.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Wood Michael J: act as VP, Controller & CAO. On 09/29/2011, sold 4,500 shares, worth $184,100.
- Yuse Richard R: act as Vice President. On 07/01/2011, sold 2,000 shares, worth $100,000.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Raytheon Co. in Q3 2011:
- JENNISON ASSOCIATES LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 4,179,235 shares, worth $204,364,592. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- CAPITAL RESEARCH GLOBAL INVESTORS: On 06/30/2011, held 2,399,800 shares, worth $117,350,220. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- DIAMOND HILL CAPITAL MANAGEMENT INC: On 06/30/2011, held 1,871,111 shares, worth $91,497,328. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- IRIDIAN ASSET MANAGEMENT LLC/CT: On 06/30/2011, held 576,613 shares, worth $28,196,376. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- RR PARTNERS LP: On 06/30/2011, held 557,500 shares, worth $27,261,750. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Raytheon Company operates in defense, homeland security and other government markets. The Company provides electronics, mission systems integration in the areas of sensing, effects, command, control, communications and intelligence systems, and mission support services. Raytheon provides products and services worldwide.
Competitors to Watch: The Boeing Company (NYSE:BA), Northrop Grumman Corp. (NYSE:NOC), General Dynamics Corp. (NYSE:GD), Lockheed Martin Corp. (NYSE:LMT), Kratos Defense & Security Solutions, Inc (NASDAQ:KTOS), ITT Corporation (NYSE:ITT), Rockwell Collins, Inc. (NYSE:COL), Honeywell Intl. Inc. (NYSE:HON), FLIR Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:FLIR), and Alliant Techsystems Inc. (NYSE:ATK).
(Note: Data regarding Raytheon Co.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>