Regions Financial: Insiders and Funds Buying Shares in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Regions Financial Corp. (NYSE:RF).
SEC data indicate these insiders have bought Regions Financial Corp.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Turner John M Jr: act as SEVP. On 08/01/2011, bought 50,000 shares, worth $297,000.
- Turner John M Jr: act as SEVP. On 08/15/2011, bought 25,000 shares, worth $112,300.
- Couch Brett D: act as SEVP. On 08/18/2011, bought 17,000 shares, worth $71,900.
- Gale Fournier J. Iii: act as SEVP & GC. On 08/22/2011, bought 10,000 shares, worth $39,400.
- Lusco C. Matthew: act as SEVP & CRO. On 08/22/2011, bought 10,000 shares, worth $39,200.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Regions Financial Corp. in Q3 2011:
- PAULSON MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 19,343,700 shares, worth $64,414,521.
- ARONSON & JOHNSON & ORTIZ, LP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 9,224,700 shares, worth $30,718,251.
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 3,811,083 shares, worth $12,690,906.
- QUANTITATIVE INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,315,200 shares, worth $4,379,616.
- HIGHBRIDGE CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 838,312 shares, worth $2,791,579.
About the company: Regions Financial Corporation is a regional multi-bank holding company. The Company provides mortgage banking, credit life insurance, leasing, commercial accounts receivable factoring, specialty mortgage financing, and securities brokerage services. Regions provides banking services throughout the South, Midwest, and Eastern United States.
Competitors to Watch: SunTrust Banks, Inc. (NYSE:STI), Pinnacle Financial Partners (NASDAQ:PNFP), Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE:WFC), Cadence Financial Corp. (NASDAQ:CADE), KeyCorp (NYSE:KEY), PNC Financial Services (NYSE:PNC), Bank of America Corp. (NYSE:BAC), JP Morgan (NYSE:JPM), Citigroup (NYSE:C), BancorpSouth, Inc. (NYSE:BXS), Trustmark Corporation (NASDAQ:TRMK), and BB&T Corporation (NYSE:BBT).
(Note: Data regarding Regions Financial Corp.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>