Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Regions Financial Corp. (NYSE:RF).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Regions Financial Corp. in Q3 2011:
- CITADEL ADVISORS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 11,752,251 shares, worth $72,628,911. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- PENN CAPITAL MANAGEMENT CO INC: On 06/30/2011, held 2,573,721 shares, worth $15,905,596. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- MARBLE ARCH INVESTMENTS, LP: On 06/30/2011, held 2,250,000 shares, worth $13,905,000. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- DUPONT CAPITAL MANAGEMENT CORP: On 06/30/2011, held 1,785,432 shares, worth $11,033,970. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- FSI GROUP, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 1,400,000 shares, worth $8,652,000. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Regions Financial Corporation is a regional multi-bank holding company. The Company provides mortgage banking, credit life insurance, leasing, commercial accounts receivable factoring, specialty mortgage financing, and securities brokerage services. Regions provides banking services throughout the South, Midwest, and Eastern United States.
Competitors to Watch: SunTrust Banks, Inc. (NYSE:STI), Pinnacle Financial Partners (NASDAQ:PNFP), Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE:WFC), Cadence Financial Corp. (NASDAQ:CADE), KeyCorp (NYSE:KEY), PNC Financial Services (NYSE:PNC), Bank of America Corp. (NYSE:BAC), JP Morgan (NYSE:JPM), Citigroup (NYSE:C), BancorpSouth, Inc. (NYSE:BXS), Trustmark Corporation (NASDAQ:TRMK), and BB&T Corporation (NYSE:BBT).
(Note: Data regarding Regions Financial Corp.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>