Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Rent-A-Center Inc. (NASDAQ:RCII).
SEC data indicate these insiders have bought Rent-A-Center Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Demarino Theodore V: act as EVP – Operations. On 08/11/2011, bought 4,312 shares, worth $100,000.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Rent-A-Center Inc. in Q3 2011:
- ARTISAN PARTNERS LIMITED PARTNERSHIP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 3,664,077 shares, worth $99,992,661.
- BARROW HANLEY MEWHINNEY & STRAUSS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,380,717 shares, worth $37,679,767.
- ADAGE CAPITAL PARTNERS GP LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 500,000 shares, worth $13,645,000.
- ALYDAR PARTNERS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 400,000 shares, worth $10,916,000.
- LOOMIS SAYLES & CO L P: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 318,941 shares, worth $8,703,900.
About the company: Rent-A-Center, Inc. operates franchised and company-owned Rent-A-Center and ColorTyme rent-to-own merchandise stores. The Company’s stores offer home electronics, appliances, furniture, and accessories under flexible rental purchase agreements. Rent-A-Center operates across the United States and Puerto Rico.
Competitors to Watch: Aaron’s, Inc. (NYSE:AAN), AeroCentury Corp. (AMEX:ACY), McGrath RentCorp (NASDAQ:MGRC), Best Buy Co., Inc. (NYSE:BBY), GameStop Corp. (NYSE:GME), RadioShack Corporation (NYSE:RSH), CONN’S, Inc. (NASDAQ:CONN), hhgregg, Inc. (NYSE:HGG), and Electro Rent Corporation (NASDAQ:ELRC).
(Note: Data regarding Rent-A-Center Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>