Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Rent-A-Center Inc. (NASDAQ:RCII).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Rent-A-Center Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Lentell J V: act as Director. On 11/08/2011, sold 12,500 shares, worth $446,300.
- Demoss Ronald D: act as SenVP – Gen. Counsel & Sec. On 10/27/2011, sold 10,520 shares, worth $369,500.
- Demoss Ronald D: act as SenVP – Gen. Counsel & Sec. On 11/10/2011, sold 5,287 shares, worth $189,400.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Rent-A-Center Inc. in Q3 2011:
- ARTISAN PARTNERS HOLDINGS LP: On 06/30/2011, held 3,371,177 shares, worth $102,416,357. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- IRIDIAN ASSET MANAGEMENT LLC/CT: On 06/30/2011, held 1,687,298 shares, worth $51,260,113. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- KIRR MARBACH & CO LLC /IN/: On 06/30/2011, held 206,634 shares, worth $6,277,541. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- TFS CAPITAL LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 93,486 shares, worth $2,840,105. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- OXFORD ASSET MANAGEMENT: On 06/30/2011, held 67,720 shares, worth $2,057,334. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Rent-A-Center, Inc. operates franchised and company-owned Rent-A-Center and ColorTyme rent-to-own merchandise stores. The Company’s stores offer home electronics, appliances, furniture, and accessories under flexible rental purchase agreements. Rent-A-Center operates across the United States and Puerto Rico.
Competitors to Watch: Aaron’s, Inc. (NYSE:AAN), AeroCentury Corp. (AMEX:ACY), McGrath RentCorp (NASDAQ:MGRC), Best Buy Co., Inc. (NYSE:BBY), GameStop Corp. (NYSE:GME), RadioShack Corporation (NYSE:RSH), CONN’S, Inc. (NASDAQ:CONN), hhgregg, Inc. (NYSE:HGG), and Electro Rent Corporation (NASDAQ:ELRC).
(Note: Data regarding Rent-A-Center Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>