Republic Services: Exec Insiders and Funds Buying Stock in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Republic Services, Inc. (NYSE:RSG).
SEC data indicate these insiders have bought Republic Services, Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Cascade Investment Llc: act as 10% Owner. On 08/18/2011, bought 1,768,750 shares, worth $48,198,400.
- Cascade Investment Llc: act as 10% Owner. On 08/22/2011, bought 1,229,733 shares, worth $34,469,400.
- Cascade Investment Llc: act as 10% Owner. On 08/19/2011, bought 751,517 shares, worth $20,606,600.
- Holmes Tod C: act as Executive VP/CFO(Click HERE for the list of stocks that their CFOs have bought). On 08/04/2011, bought 3,000 shares, worth $83,000.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Republic Services, Inc. in Q3 2011:
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,335,838 shares, worth $37,483,614.
- CONSULTA LTD: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 936,000 shares, worth $26,264,160.
- PUBLIC EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT ASSOCIATION OF COLORADO: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 240,224 shares, worth $6,740,685.
- BLUEFIN INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 239,400 shares, worth $6,717,564.
- TEXAS PERMANENT SCHOOL FUND: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 203,481 shares, worth $5,709,677.
About the company: Republic Services, Inc. provides non-hazardous solid waste collection and disposal services in the United States. The Company provides solid waste collection services for commercial, industrial, municipal, and residential customers. Republic also operates transfer stations, landfills, and recycling facilities.
Competitors to Watch: Waste Management, Inc. (NYSE:WM), Waste Connections, Inc. (NYSE:WCN), WCA Waste Corporation (NASDAQ:WCAA), Casella Waste Systems Inc. (NASDAQ:CWST), Perma-Fix Environmental Services, Inc. (NASDAQ:PESI), Stericycle, Inc. (NASDAQ:SRCL), Industrial Services of America, Inc. (NASDAQ:IDSA), Clean Harbors, Inc. (NYSE:CLH).
(Note: Data regarding Republic Services, Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>