Republic Services: Major Shareholders Cashing Stock in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Republic Services, Inc. (NYSE:RSG).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Republic Services, Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Rodriguez Ramon A: act as Director. On 09/30/2011, sold 15,000 shares, worth $423,800.
- Sorensen Allan C: act as Director. On 08/22/2011, sold 15,000 shares, worth $421,400.
- Croghan John W: act as Director. On 11/07/2011, sold 10,000 shares, worth $280,000.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Republic Services, Inc. in Q3 2011:
- ASCEND CAPITAL LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 2,291,216 shares, worth $70,134,122. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- COLUMBIA WANGER ASSET MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 1,000,000 shares, worth $30,610,000. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- JENNISON ASSOCIATES LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 852,368 shares, worth $26,090,984. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- CHAMPLAIN INVESTMENT PARTNERS, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 481,295 shares, worth $14,732,440. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- RWC ASSET MANAGEMENT LLP: On 06/30/2011, held 381,694 shares, worth $11,683,653. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Republic Services, Inc. provides non-hazardous solid waste collection and disposal services in the United States. The Company provides solid waste collection services for commercial, industrial, municipal, and residential customers. Republic also operates transfer stations, landfills, and recycling facilities.
Competitors to Watch: Waste Management, Inc. (NYSE:WM), Waste Connections, Inc. (NYSE:WCN), WCA Waste Corporation (NASDAQ:WCAA), Casella Waste Systems Inc. (NASDAQ:CWST), Perma-Fix Environmental Services, Inc. (NASDAQ:PESI), Stericycle, Inc. (NASDAQ:SRCL), Industrial Services of America, Inc. (NASDAQ:IDSA), Clean Harbors, Inc. (NYSE:CLH).
(Note: Data regarding Republic Services, Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>