Rex Energy: Exec Insiders and Funds Buying Stock in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Rex Energy Corporation (NASDAQ:REXX).
SEC data indicate these insiders have bought Rex Energy Corporation’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Pratt David E: act as Sr. VP of Exploration. On 08/11/2011, bought 7,000 shares, worth $80,800.
- Stabley Thomas Charles: act as CEO and CFO. On 11/09/2011, bought 1,500 shares, worth $24,700.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Rex Energy Corporation in Q3 2011:
- LORD ABBETT & CO LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 2,340,862 shares, worth $29,611,904.
- VOLLERO BEACH CAPITAL PARTNERS, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 658,003 shares, worth $8,323,738.
- KENNEDY CAPITAL MANAGEMENT INC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 325,726 shares, worth $4,120,434.
- CASTLEARK MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 269,200 shares, worth $3,405,380.
- DRIEHAUS CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 269,060 shares, worth $3,403,609.
About the company: Rex Energy Corporation is an independent oil and gas company operating in the Illinois Basin, the Appalachian Basin and the southwestern region of the United States.
Competitors to Watch: Atlas Energy, Inc. (NASDAQ:ATLS), NGAS Resources, Inc. (NASDAQ:NGAS), BreitBurn Energy Partners L.P. (NASDAQ:BBEP), Range Resources Corp. (NYSE:RRC), EV Energy Partners, L.P. (NASDAQ:EVEP), Vanguard Natural Resources, LLC (NYSE:VNR), New Concept Energy, Inc. (AMEX:GBR), Magnum Hunter Resources Corp (NYSE:MHR), Linn Energy, LLC (NASDAQ:LINE), and Approach Resources Inc. (NASDAQ:AREX).
(Note: Data regarding Rex Energy Corporation’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>