Rex Energy: Institutional Investor Stock Sales in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Rex Energy Corporation (NASDAQ:REXX).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Rex Energy Corporation in Q3 2011:
- MARSHALL & ILSLEY CORP: On 06/30/2011, held 2,374,109 shares, worth $24,382,099. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- CLINTON GROUP INC: On 06/30/2011, held 394,696 shares, worth $4,053,528. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- MANALAPAN ORACLE CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 108,509 shares, worth $1,114,387. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- DISCOVERY CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, LLC / CT: On 06/30/2011, held 102,350 shares, worth $1,051,135. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- SPOT TRADING L.L.C: On 06/30/2011, held 71,068 shares, worth $729,868. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Rex Energy Corporation is an independent oil and gas company operating in the Illinois Basin, the Appalachian Basin and the southwestern region of the United States.
Competitors to Watch: Atlas Energy, Inc. (NASDAQ:ATLS), NGAS Resources, Inc. (NASDAQ:NGAS), BreitBurn Energy Partners L.P. (NASDAQ:BBEP), Range Resources Corp. (NYSE:RRC), EV Energy Partners, L.P. (NASDAQ:EVEP), Vanguard Natural Resources, LLC (NYSE:VNR), New Concept Energy, Inc. (AMEX:GBR), Magnum Hunter Resources Corp (NYSE:MHR), Linn Energy, LLC (NASDAQ:LINE), and Approach Resources Inc. (NASDAQ:AREX).
(Note: Data regarding Rex Energy Corporation’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>