Reynolds American: Insider and Fund Share Sales in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Reynolds American Inc. (NYSE:RAI).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Reynolds American Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Brown & Williamson Holdings, I: act as 10% Owner. On 11/29/2011, sold 725,229 shares, worth $29,241,200.
- Brown & Williamson Holdings, I: act as 10% Owner. On 11/23/2011, sold 652,706 shares, worth $26,167,000.
- Wajnert Thomas C: act as Director. On 08/23/2011, sold 4,000 shares, worth $147,500.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Reynolds American Inc. in Q3 2011:
- J O HAMBRO INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT LTD: On 06/30/2011, held 1,165,906 shares, worth $42,590,546. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- NUMERIC INVESTORS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 851,932 shares, worth $31,121,076. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- SYSTEMATIC FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT LP: On 06/30/2011, held 643,251 shares, worth $23,497,959. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- BNP PARIBAS ARBITRAGE, SA: On 06/30/2011, held 595,243 shares, worth $21,744,227. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- TWO SIGMA INVESTMENTS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 547,620 shares, worth $20,004,559. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Reynolds American Inc., through its subsidiaries, manufactures tobacco and smokeless tobacco products. The Company’s subsidiary sells its products in the United States and its territories.
Competitors to Watch: Altria Group, Inc. (NYSE:MO), Lorillard Inc. (NYSE:LO), Philip Morris Intl. Inc. (NYSE:PM), British American Tobacco (AMEX:BTI), Vector Group Ltd. (NYSE:VGR), Star Scientific, Inc. (NASDAQ:CIGX) and Universal Corporation (NYSE:UVV).
(Note: Data regarding Reynolds American Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>