Roper Industries: Inside Exec and Fund Stock Sales in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Roper Industries Inc. (NYSE:ROP).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Roper Industries Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Jellison Brian D: act as CEO & President(Click HERE for the list of stocks that their CEOs have bought). On 10/27/2011, sold 272,400 shares, worth $22,369,500.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Roper Industries Inc. in Q3 2011:
- ARTISAN PARTNERS HOLDINGS LP: On 06/30/2011, held 3,275,907 shares, worth $272,096,835. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- CAPITAL WORLD INVESTORS: On 06/30/2011, held 1,673,337 shares, worth $138,987,371. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- WESTFIELD CAPITAL MANAGEMENT CO LP: On 06/30/2011, held 447,555 shares, worth $37,173,918. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- RENAISSANCE TECHNOLOGIES LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 249,800 shares, worth $20,748,388. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- VINIK ASSET MANAGEMENT L P: On 06/30/2011, held 242,665 shares, worth $20,155,755. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Roper Industries, Inc. manufactures industrial controls, fluid handling, and analytical instrumentation products worldwide. Roper serves selected segments of a broad range of markets such as oil & gas, scientific research, medical diagnostics, semiconductor, refrigeration, automotive, water and wastewater, power generation, agricultural irrigation, and other niche industries.
Competitors to Watch: Danaher Corporation (NYSE:DHR), ESCO Technologies Inc. (NYSE:ESE), AMETEK, Inc. (NYSE:AME), Emerson Electric Co. (NYSE:EMR), General Electric (NYSE:GE), Badger Meter, Inc. (NYSE:BMI), Cognex Corporation (NASDAQ:CGNX), Luna Innovations Inc. (NASDAQ:LUNA), Hurco Companies, Inc. (NASDAQ:HURC), Electro-Sensors, Inc. (NASDAQ:ELSE), and Schmitt Industries, Inc. (NASDAQ:SMIT).
(Note: Data regarding Roper Industries Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>