Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. (NYSE:RCL).
SEC data indicate these insiders have bought Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Fain Richard D: act as Chairman & CEO. On 08/26/2011, bought 66,000 shares, worth $1,499,500.
- Aronson Bernard W: act as Director. On 08/05/2011, bought 17,000 shares, worth $443,500.
- Sorensen Vagn O: act as Director. On 08/01/2011, bought 1,750 shares, worth $55,000.
- Pimentel Lawrence R: act as Pres&CEO, Azamara Club Cruises. On 08/19/2011, bought 2,300 shares, worth $51,800.
- Pimentel Lawrence R: act as Pres&CEO, Azamara Club Cruises. On 08/05/2011, bought 1,579 shares, worth $41,300.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. in Q3 2011:
- DONALD SMITH & CO., INC.: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 2,464,726 shares, worth $53,336,671.
- OCEANIC INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT LTD: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 794,500 shares, worth $17,192,980.
- TOWLE & CO: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 248,910 shares, worth $5,386,412.
- BOSTON ADVISORS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 185,430 shares, worth $4,012,705.
- LEE MUNDER CAPITAL GROUP, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 180,112 shares, worth $3,897,624.
About the company: Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is a global cruise company operating a fleet of vessels in the cruise vacation industry. The Company operates through brands which primarily serve the contemporary, premium and deluxe segments of the cruise vacation industry, which also includes the budget and luxury segments.
(Note: Data regarding Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>