Sabretooth Capital: Top 10 Stock Holdings
Sabretooth Capital, which is a $300 million hedge fund, filed its most recent 13F with the SEC. Its top 10 holdings are below. Note that the following only pertains to the fund’s common equity holdings, and excludes any warrants, notes, options, or other convertible securities described in its 13F filing.
- Liberty Media Corp. (NASDAQ:LINTA): Sabretooth Capital held 529,157 shares of this company on March 31st, which were valued at $40,158,000.00. About the company: Liberty Media Corp – Interactive is a tracking stock issued by Liberty Media Corporation to track the performance of the Interactive group. The Interactive group’s interests include home and Internet shopping and online travel. Competitors to Watch: Liberty Media Corp (NASDAQ:LSTZA), Liberty Media Corp (NASDAQ:LCAPA), Outdoor Channel Hldgs., Inc. (NASDAQ:OUTD), Scripps Networks Interactive, Inc. (NYSE:SNI), CBS Corporation (NYSE:CBS), Crown Media Holdings, Inc (NASDAQ:CRWN), Discovery Communications Inc. (NASDAQ:DISCA), NTN Buzztime, Inc. (AMEX:NTN), and ValueVision Media, Inc. (NASDAQ:VVTV).
- Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group (NYSE:DTG): Sabretooth Capital held 410,000 shares of this company on March 31st, which were valued at $27,359,000.00. About the company: Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc. operates Dollar and Thrifty vehicle rental systems. The Company provides its services to leisure customers, tourists, small businesses, and independent business travelers. Dollar Thrifty operates locations in the United States and Canada, as well as other countries. Companies to Watch: Avis Budget Group Inc. (NYSE:CAR), Hertz Global Hldgs., Inc. (NYSE:HTZ), EV Transportation Inc (EVTP), Avis Europe plc (AVE), Helphire Group plc (NYSE:HHR), Ford (NYSE:F), Toyota (NYSE:TM) and General Motors (NYSE:GM).
- Celera Corp. (NASDAQ:CRA): Sabretooth Capital held 2,700,000 shares of this company on March 31st, which were valued at $21,897,000.00. About the company: Celera Corporation is a diagnostics company that delivers personalized disease management through a combination of products and services. The Company operates a clinical laboratory that provides testing services and develops, manufactures, and oversees the commercialization of molecular diagnostic products.
- Charter Communications Inc. (NASDAQ:CHTR): Sabretooth Capital held 353,794 shares of this company on March 31st, which were valued at $17,913,000.00. About the company: Charter Communications, Inc. offers broadband Internet communications services. The Company offers high-speed Internet access; Internet telephone services; business-t0-business Internet access, data networking, video and music entertainment services, and business telephone; and digital cable video entertainment services.
- Cubist Pharmaceuticals Inc. (NASDAQ:CBST): Sabretooth Capital held 637,000 shares of this company on March 31st, which were valued at $16,078,000.00. About the company: Cubist Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a drug company that discovers, develops, and commercializes novel drugs to treat infections. The Company’s lead product is a unique agent with bactericidal activity that addresses the critical need for new antibiotics with potent activity against life threatening infections.
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International (NYSE:VRX): Sabretooth Capital held 320,000 shares of this company on March 31st, which were valued at $15,939,000.00. About the company: Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. develops and distributes drugs. The Company develops drugs for unmet medical needs in central nervous system disorders; and distributes generic and branded generic drugs in Latin America and Eastern Europe.
- Pain Therapeutics (NASDAQ:PTIE): Sabretooth Capital held 1,496,212 shares of this company on March 31st, which were valued at $14,304,000.00. About the company: Pain Therapeutics, Inc. develops drugs using its proprietary technology. The Company develops safer or more efficacious drugs for use in pain management, particularly in the area of opioid painkillers. Pain Therapeutics has products in clinical trials.
- W R Grace & Co. (NYSE:GRA): Sabretooth Capital held 320,000 shares of this company on March 31st, which were valued at $12,253,000.00. About the company: W.R. Grace & Co. supplies specialty chemical, construction, and container products. The Company’s customers include the food, consumer products, petroleum refinery, and construction industries. W. R. Grace’s businesses focus on catalysts and silica products, construction products, and container products. Competitors to Watch: Albemarle Corp. (NYSE:ALB), The Dow Chemical Company (NYSE:DOW), PPG Industries (NYSE:PPG), Rockwood Holdings (NYSE:ROC), Sigma-Aldrich (NASDAQ:SIAL), Celanese (NYSE:CE), BASF (BASFY), Ferro (NYSE:FOE), Huntsman (NYSE:HUN), E.I. du Pont (NYSE:DD), Eastman Chemical (NYSE:EMN), PolyOne (NYSE:POL) and Westlake Chemical (NYSE:WLK).
- Big Lots Inc. (NYSE:BIG): Sabretooth Capital held 225,000 shares of this company on March 31st, which were valued at $9,772,000.00. About the company: Big Lots, Inc. is a broadline closeout retailer that operates stores across the United States. The Company’s stores offer an assortment of merchandise, including consumables, seasonal products, furniture, housewares, toys and gifts.
- MBIA Inc. (NYSE:MBI): Sabretooth Capital held 960,000 shares of this company on March 31st, which were valued at $9,638,000.00. About the company: MBIA Inc. provides financial guarantee insurance and other forms of credit protection. The Company also offers investment management services to public finance and structured finance isuers, investors and capital market participants.
Fresh Off the Press: Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s newest Feature Trades of the Month!