Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of SanDisk Corp. (NASDAQ:SNDK).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold SanDisk Corp.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Cedar Yoram: act as EVP, CTO. On 10/27/2011, sold 151,250 shares, worth $7,830,200.
- Marks Michael E: act as Director. On 11/01/2011, sold 64,000 shares, worth $3,120,000.
- Bruner Judy: act as Exec. VP, Administration, CFO. On 11/02/2011, sold 50,000 shares, worth $2,455,500.
- Robertson Donald F Jr: act as VP & Chief Accounting Officer. On 10/25/2011, sold 34,343 shares, worth $1,710,300.
- Bruner Judy: act as Exec. VP, Administration, CFO. On 08/01/2011, sold 40,000 shares, worth $1,702,000.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of SanDisk Corp. in Q3 2011:
- BLUE RIDGE CAPITAL HOLDINGS LLC/BLUE RIDGE CAPITAL OFFSHORE HOLDINGS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 4,640,000 shares, worth $192,560,000. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- JAT CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, L.P.: On 06/30/2011, held 1,530,464 shares, worth $63,514,256. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- RENAISSANCE GROUP LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 1,207,975 shares, worth $50,130,963. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- DISCOVERY CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, LLC / CT: On 06/30/2011, held 759,400 shares, worth $31,515,100. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- NUMERIC INVESTORS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 584,100 shares, worth $24,240,150. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: SanDisk Corporation supplies flash data storage products. The Company designs, manufactures, and markets industry-standard, solid-state data, digital imaging, and audio storage products using its patented, high-density flash memory and controller technology.
Competitors to Watch: Western Digital Corp. (NYSE:WDC), STEC, Inc. (NASDAQ:STEC), OCZ Technology Group Inc. (NASDAQ:OCZ), Micron Technology, Inc. (NASDAQ:MU), EMC Corporation (NYSE:EMC), Seagate Technology PLC (NASDAQ:STX), Imation Corp. (NYSE:IMN), Quantum Corporation (NYSE:QTM), Hutchinson Technology Inc. (NASDAQ:HTCH), and Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL).
(Note: Data regarding SanDisk Corp.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>