SCANA: Major Institutional Shareholders Cashing Stock in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of SCANA Corp. (NYSE:SCG).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of SCANA Corp. in Q3 2011:
- ARTISAN PARTNERS HOLDINGS LP: On 06/30/2011, held 4,060,400 shares, worth $157,868,352. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- HARPSWELL CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 518,004 shares, worth $20,139,996. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- VAUGHAN DAVID INVESTMENTS INC/IL: On 06/30/2011, held 301,428 shares, worth $11,719,521. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- MILLENNIUM MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 142,120 shares, worth $5,525,626. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- BNP PARIBAS ARBITRAGE, SA: On 06/30/2011, held 78,674 shares, worth $3,058,845. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: SCANA Corporation is a holding company involved in regulated electric and natural gas utility operations, telecommunications, and other energy-related businesses. The Company serves electric customers in South Carolina and natural gas customers in South Carolina, North Carolina, and Georgia. SCANA also has investments in several southeastern telecommunications companies.
Competitors to Watch: Dominion Resources, Inc. (NYSE:D), CenterPoint Energy, Inc. (NYSE:CNP), OGE Energy Corp. (NYSE:OGE), Integrys Energy Group, Inc. (NYSE:TEG), Avista Corporation (NYSE:AVA), The Empire District Electric Co. (NYSE:EDE), Wisconsin Energy Corp. (NYSE:WEC), CMS Energy Corporation (NYSE:CMS), TECO Energy, Inc. (NYSE:TE), and Unitil Corporation (NYSE:UTL).
(Note: Data regarding SCANA Corp.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>