Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Schnitzer Steel Industries Inc. (NASDAQ:SCHN).
SEC data indicate these insiders have bought Schnitzer Steel Industries Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Carter John D: act as Director. On 08/12/2011, bought 5,500 shares, worth $238,200.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Schnitzer Steel Industries Inc. in Q3 2011:
- ARTISAN PARTNERS LIMITED PARTNERSHIP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 562,600 shares, worth $20,698,054.
- KENNEDY CAPITAL MANAGEMENT INC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 281,051 shares, worth $10,339,866.
- SUNTRUST BANKS INC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 136,430 shares, worth $5,019,260.
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 102,691 shares, worth $3,778,002.
- VOLLERO BEACH CAPITAL PARTNERS, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 73,961 shares, worth $2,721,025.
About the company: Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. operates a steel scrap recycling business in the western United States. The Company supplies ferrous scrap to export and domestic steel producers through its scrap collection, processing, and deep water facilities. Schnitzer also operates collection and processing facilities, as well as manages other facilities through joint ventures.
Competitors to Watch: Sims Metal Management Ltd (NYSE:SMS), Commercial Metals Company (NYSE:CMC), Steel Dynamics, Inc. (NASDAQ:STLD), Nucor Corporation (NYSE:NUE), Metalico, Inc. (AMEX:MEA), Worthington Industries, Inc. (NYSE:WOR), AK Steel Holding Corp. (NYSE:AKS), Titanium Metals Corp. (NYSE:TIE), Grupo Simec S.A.B. de C.V. (AMEX:SIM), and United States Steel Corp. (NYSE:X).
(Note: Data regarding Schnitzer Steel Industries Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>