Scorching Stocks That Just Blazed 52-Week Highs on Dull Day for Markets
Here are 24 stocks that hit 52-week highs in today’s trading. Note that this list excludes all stocks with a market capitalization less than $10 billion:
- Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL): Up 1.32% to $398.50. Apple Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets personal computers and related personal computing and mobile communication devices along with a variety of related software, services, peripherals, and networking solutions. The Company sells its products worldwide through its online stores, its retail stores, its direct sales force, third-party wholesalers, and resellers. Here’s Why Apple’s Stock Kissed $400 a Share to Make Company History>>
- Schlumberger Limited (NYSE:SLB): Up 0.95% to $94.70. Schlumberger Limited is an oil services company. The Company, through its subsidiaries, provides a wide range of services, including technology, project management and information solutions to the international petroleum industry as well as advanced acquisition and data processing surveys.
- Philip Morris International, Inc. (NYSE:PM): Up 0.03% to $72.13. Philip Morris International Inc., through its subsidiaries, affiliates and their licensees, produces, sells, distributes, and markets a wide range of branded cigarettes and tobacco products in markets outside of the United States of America. The Company’s portfolio comprises both international and local brands.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc (NYSE:GSK): Up 0.98% to $44.18. GlaxoSmithKline plc is a research-based pharmaceutical group that develops, manufactures and markets vaccines, prescription and over-the-counter medicines, as well as health-related consumer products. The Group, which also provides laboratory testing and disease management services, specializes in treatments for respiratory, central nervous system, gastro-intestinal and genetic disorders
- SPDR Gold Shares (NYSE:GLD): Up 0.78% to $157.34. SPDR Gold Trust is an investment fund incorporated in the USA. The investment objective of the Trust is for the Shares to reflect the performance of the price of gold bullion, less the Trust’s expenses. The Trust holds gold and is expected from time to time to issue Baskets in exchange for deposits of gold and to distribute gold in connection with redemptions of Baskets. For more analysis on our support levels and ranges for gold and silver, consider a free 14-day trial to our acclaimed Gold & Silver Investment Newsletter.
- Baidu, Inc. (NASDAQ:BIDU): Up 1.65% to $156.54. Baidu, Inc. operates an Internet search engine. The Company offers algorithmic search, enterprise search, pay for performance and news, MP3, and image searches. Baidu, Inc. Earnings Cheat Sheet: Profit Rises by Double-Figures for Fifth Consecutive Quarter>>
- Halliburton Company (NYSE:HAL): Up 0.12% to $57.27. Halliburton Company provides energy services and engineering and construction services, as well as manufactures products for the energy industry. The Company offers services and products and integrated solutions to customers in the exploration, development, and production of oil and natural gas.
- Monsanto Co. (NYSE:MON): Up 1.34% to $76.42. Monsanto Company provides agricultural products for farmers. The Company’s business segments are seeds and genomics. Monsanto produces a wide range of seeds and develops biotechnology traits that assist farmers in controlling insects and weeds as well as provides other seed companies with genetic material and biotechnology traits for their seed brands.
- National Oilwell Varco, Inc. (NYSE:NOV): Down 1.2% to $82.31. National Oilwell Varco Inc. designs, manufactures, and sells machinery, equipment, and downhole products used in oil and gas drilling and production. The Company also provides oilfield inspection and other services, and supply chain integration services to the upstream oil and gas industry.
- Baker Hughes Incorporated (NYSE:BHI): Up 0.05% to $79.94. Baker Hughes Incorporated supplies reservoir-centered products, services, and systems to the worldwide oil and gas industry. The Company provides products and services for oil and gas exploration, drilling, completion, and production. Baker Hughes also manufactures and markets a variety of roller cutter bits and fixed cutter diamond bits.
- Cenovus Energy Inc. (NYSE:CVE): 0% to $40.21. Cenovus Energy Inc. is an integrated oil company. The Company comprises natural gas, crude oil, and natural gas liquids reserves. Cenovus Energy has established natural gas and crude oil production in Alberta and Saskatchewan as well as refineries in Illinois and Texas.
- Exelon Corp. (NYSE:EXC): Up 1.3% to $44.27. Exelon Corporation is a utility services holding company. The Company, through its subsidiaries distributes electricity to customers in Illinois and Pennsylvania. Exelon also distributes gas to customers in the Philadelphia area as well as operates nuclear power plants in states that include Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
- PowerShares QQQ (NASDAQ:QQQ): Down 0.2% to $59.48. PowerShares QQQ is an exchange-traded fund incorporated in the USA. The Fund represents undivided ownership interests in the PowerShares QQQ. The Fund’s objective is to provide investment results that generally correspond to the price and yield performance of the component securities of the Nasdaq 100 Index.
- Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co. KGAA (NYSE:FMS): Up 0.92% to $78.24. Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co. KGaA offers kidney dialysis services and manufactures and distributes equipment and products used in the treatment of dialysis patients. The Company also offers clinical laboratory testing and diagnostic testing services and provides home infusion, respiratory therapy, ultrasound, and echo-cardiography. Fresenius operates worldwide.
- Coca-Cola FEMSA S.A.B de C.V. (NYSE:KOF): Down 1.79% to $95.60. Coca-Cola Femsa, S.A.B. de C.V. (Femsa) bottles beverages. The Company bottles and distributes branded beverages in Mexico, Guatemala, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, Venezuela, Colombia, Brazil, and Argentina. In some countries Femsa also markets water, beer, and other products.
- Southwestern Energy Co. (NYSE:SWN): Down 0.71% to $48.65. Southwestern Energy Company is an independent energy company primarily focused on natural gas and crude oil exploration, development and production (E&P) within the United States. The Company operations also include natural gas gathering, transmission, and marketing, as well as natural gas distribution. Inside Southwestern Energy’s Upcoming Second Quarter Earnings Release>>
- PPL Corporation (NYSE:PPL): Up 1.36% to $28.39. PPL Corporation is an energy and utility holding company. The Company, through its subsidiaries, generates electricity from power plants in the northeastern and western United States, and markets wholesale and retail energy primarily in the northeastern and western portions of the United States, and delivers electricity in Pennsylvania and the United Kingdom.
- Williams Partners L.P. (NYSE:WPZ): Down 0.4% to $55.31. Williams Partners LP is a master limited partnership that owns natural gas gathering, transportation, processing and treating assets.
- Whole Foods Market, Inc. (NASDAQ:WFM): Up 0.89% to $66.72. Whole Foods Market, Inc. owns and operates a chain of natural food supermarkets in the United States. The Company’s stores provides full range of merchandise, featuring products that are free of artificial flavors, sweeteners, colors, preservatives, and added chemicals. Whole Foods also develops, produces, and markets nutriceuticals and nutritional supplements.
- Petrohawk Energy Corporation (NYSE:HK): Up 0.18% to $38.31. Petrohawk Energy Corporation is an oil and gas company. The Company participates in the exploration and production of natural gas and crude oil. Petrohawk’s operations are currently focused in proven oil and gas producing trends primarily in South Texas, Louisiana, and Central California.
- CF Industries Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:CF): Up 0.02% to $160.29. CF Industries Holdings, Inc. manufactures and distributes nitrogen and phosphate fertilizer products in North America. The Company’s principal products in the nitrogen segment are ammonia, urea and urea ammonium nitrate solution and its principal products in the phosphate segment are diammonium phosphate, monoammonium phosphate, and granular muriate of potash.
- ConAgra Foods, Inc. (NYSE:CAG): Down 1.02% to $26.25. ConAgra Foods, Inc. manufactures and markets packaged foods for retail consumers, restaurants and institutions. The Company offers a wide range of food products, including meals, entrees, condiments, sides, snacks, specialty potato products, milled grain ingredients, dehydrated vegetables and seasonings, and blends and flavors.
- Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE:CMG): Down 0.32% to $334.46. Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. owns and operates quick serve Mexican restaurants. The Company operates restaurants throughout the United States. Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. Earnings Cheat Sheet: Falling Short of Estimates>>
- Yamana Gold, Inc. (NYSE:AUY): Up 0.3% to $13.46. Yamana Gold Inc. is an intermediate gold producer with production, development stage, and exploration properties throughout Brazil. The Company also holds gold exploration properties in Argentina.
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter >>