Services Sector Review: Winning and Losing Stocks
Gainers (% price change)
- R.R. Donnelley & Sons Co. (NASDAQ:RRD): The shares closed at $21.33, up $6.87, or 47.51%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $4.38 billion. About the company: R. R. Donnelley & Sons Company provides commercial printing and information services. The Company provides solutions that include commercial printing, direct mail, financial printing, print fulfillment, labels, forms, logistics, call centers, transactional print-and-mail, print management, online services, digital photography, color services, and content and database management.
- Saga Communications, Inc. (AMEX:SGA): The shares closed at $28.62, up $6.09, or 27.03%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $120.33 million. About the company: Saga Communications, Inc. acquires, develops, and operates broadcast properties. The Company owns and operates FM and AM radio stations, state radio networks, a farm radio network, and television stations in the United States.
- GeoEye Inc. (NASDAQ:GEOY): The shares closed at $31.84, up $2.1, or 7.06%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $706.39 million. About the company: GeoEye Inc. provides earth imagery products and services worldwide. The Company operates a high-resolution satellite, which offers black and white as well as color digital imagery on a global basis.
- TriMas Corp (NASDAQ:TRS): The shares closed at $5.20, up $0.34, or 7%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $174.61 million. About the company: TriMas Corporation is a diversified manufacturer of proprietary products. The Company manufactures trailer products, recreational accessories, packaging systems, energy products and industrial specialty products for the commercial, manufacturing, and consumer markets.
- PriceSmart, Inc. (NASDAQ:PSMT): The shares closed at $70.57, up $4.19, or 6.31%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $2.11 billion. About the company: PriceSmart, Inc. owns and manages international merchandising businesses. The Company licenses and owns membership stores using the trade name PriceSmart and PriceCostco. PriceSmart’s international market consists of Latin America and Asia. The Company also operates domestic merchandising programs, including its Auto Referral Program and its Travel Program.
Losers (% price change)
- IDT Corporation (NYSE:IDT): The shares closed at $18.13, down $3.3, or 15.4%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $416.81 million. About the company: IDT Corporation provides retail and wholesale telecommunications services and products, including pre-paid and rechargeable calling cards and wholesale carrier services. The Comapny, through its subsidiaries, operates energy related businesses providing electricity and gas to residential and small business customers and oil shale ventures.
- ValueVision Media, Inc. (NASDAQ:VVTV): The shares closed at $2.38, down $0.29, or 10.86%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $115.34 million. About the company: ValueVision Media, Inc. is an integrated direct marketing company that markets its products directly to consumers through various forms of electronic media. The Company’s operating strategy incorporates television home shopping, Internet electronic commerce (e-commerce), vendor programming sales, fulfillment services, and outsourced e-commerce and fulfillment solutions.
- Harte-Hanks, Inc. (NYSE:HHS): The shares closed at $7.76, down $0.94, or 10.8%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $487.25 million. About the company: Harte-Hanks, Inc. owns and operates a direct marketing company that provides a full range of specialized, coordinated, and integrated direct marketing services to companies in a wide variety of industries. The Company’s customers are located in the United States and other countries. Harte-Hanks also publishes shopper publications which are highly targeted advertising vehicles.
- Sprint Nextel Corporation (NYSE:S): The shares closed at $2.71, down $0.3, or 9.97%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $8.11 billion. About the company: Sprint Nextel Corporation offers a range of wireless and wireline communications services to consumer, business, and government customers. The Company develops, engineers, and deploys various technologies, including two wireless networks offering mobile data services, instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities, and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone.
- Net Servicos de (NASDAQ:NETC): The shares closed at $8.71, down $0.79, or 8.32%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $2.99 billion. About the company: Net Servicos de Comunicacao SA provides cable television services under the brand name NET, high-speed broadband Internet services under the name Virtua, and data transmission services using both satellite and terrestrial technology under the name Vicom. The Company mainly operates from Sao Paulo, Rio de Janeiro and Belo Horizonte, Brazil.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>