Gainers (% price change)
- Level 3 Communications (NASDAQ:LVLT): The shares closed at $23.16, up $21.61, or 1%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $41.28 billion. About the company: Level 3 Communications, Inc. provides telecommunications and information services, including local, long distance, and data transmission. The Company also provides other enhanced communications and Internet services, and is involved in coal mining businesses.
- Saga Communications, Inc. (AMEX:SGA): The shares closed at $38.03, up $15.5, or 68.8%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $159.90 million. About the company: Saga Communications, Inc. acquires, develops, and operates broadcast properties. The Company owns and operates FM and AM radio stations, state radio networks, a farm radio network, and television stations in the United States.
- R.R. Donnelley & Sons Co. (NASDAQ:RRD): The shares closed at $21.33, up $6.87, or 47.51%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $4.38 billion. About the company: R. R. Donnelley & Sons Company provides commercial printing and information services. The Company provides solutions that include commercial printing, direct mail, financial printing, print fulfillment, labels, forms, logistics, call centers, transactional print-and-mail, print management, online services, digital photography, color services, and content and database management.
- The New York Times Co. (NYSE:NYT): The shares closed at $7.12, up $0.6, or 9.2%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $1.05 billion. About the company: The New York Times Company, a diversified media company, conducts operations in newspapers, magazines, television and radio stations, and electronic information and publishing. The Company’s publications include “The New York Times,” “The Boston Globe,” and the “International Herald Tribune.”. New York Times also holds interests in a newsprint mill and a paper mill.
- Tractor Supply Company (NASDAQ:TSCO): The shares closed at $71.64, up $5.36, or 8.09%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $5.12 billion. About the company: Tractor Supply Company operates a retail farm store chain in the United States. The Company provides farm maintenance products, animal products, general maintenance products, lawn and garden products, light truck equipment, work clothing, and other products. Customers include hobby, part-time, and full-time farmers and ranchers, as well as rural customers, contractors, and tradesman.
Losers (% price change)
- 8×8, Inc. (NASDAQ:EGHT): The shares closed at $3.87, down $0.57, or 12.84%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $242.08 million. About the company: 8×8, Inc. provides voice-over-Internet protocol creation platforms, hosted Internet PBX solutions, voice and video semiconductors, and related software. The Company offers service providers the tools to create next-generation Internet protocol network services, while providing telecommunications manufacturers with embedded technology, software stacks, and reference designs.
- Griffin Land & Nurseries (NASDAQ:GRIF): The shares closed at $24.62, down $2.51, or 9.25%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $126.40 million. About the company: Griffin Land & Nurseries, Inc. operates a landscape nursery and real estate business. The Company grows containerized landscape nursery products and owns and operates wholesale sales and service centers. Griffin also owns, builds, and manages commercial and industrial properties, and develops residential subdivisions. In addition, the Company holds partial interests in other companies.
- New York & Company, Inc. (NYSE:NWY): The shares closed at $2.83, down $0.17, or 5.67%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $175.64 million. About the company: New York & Company, Inc. is a specialty retailer of women’s apparel products. The Company designs and sources its branded New York & Company merchandise sold exclusively through its network of retail stores nationwide.
- Penn National Gaming, Inc (NASDAQ:PENN): The shares closed at $37.13, down $2.23, or 5.67%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $2.93 billion. About the company: Penn National Gaming, Inc. owns and operates Charles Town Races in West Virginia which features slot machines, casinos in Mississippi, and a riverboat gaming facility in Louisiana. The Company also owns racetracks and off-track wagering facilities in Pennsylvania, as well as manages a gaming facility in the Province of Ontario, Canada.
- Wynn Resorts, Limited (NASDAQ:WYNN): The shares closed at $123.37, down $6.9, or 5.3%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $15.41 billion. About the company: Wynn Resorts Limited owns and operates luxury hotels and destination casino resorts in Las Vegas, Nevada and in Macau, China. The resorts features guest rooms and suits, restaurants, golf courses, and on-site luxury automotive dealerships.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>