Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about companies for which stock analysts either upgraded or downgraded the shares on October 19th.
- Intel (NASDAQ:INTC): Charter Equity upgraded its rating on this company from Mkt Perform to Buy. About the company: Intel Corporation designs, manufactures, and sells computer components and related products. The Company’s major products include microprocessors, chipsets, embedded processors and microcontrollers, flash memory products, graphics products, network and communications products, systems management software, conferencing products, and digital imaging products.
- Calavo Growers (NASDAQ:CVGW): BB&T Capital Mkts upgraded its rating on this company from Hold to Buy. About the company: Calavo Growers, Inc. procures and markets avocados and other perishable foods, and prepares and distributes processed avocado products. The Company delivers a wide array of fresh and processed food products to food distributors, produce wholesalers, supermarkets, and restaurants on a worldwide basis.
- Con-way (NYSE:CNW): BB&T Capital Mkts upgraded its rating on this company from Hold to Buy and changed its price target to $32. About the company: Con-way Inc. is a freight transportation and logistics company. The Company has businesses in less-than-truckload and full truckload freight services, expedite, brokerage, airfreight forwarding, logistics, warehousing, supply chain management, and trailer manufacturing.
- NewMarket (NYSE:NEU): Longbow upgraded its rating on this company from Neutral to Buy and changed its price target to $200. About the company: NewMarket Corporation develops, manufactures, and blends fuel and lubricant additives marketed worldwide to refiners and others who sell petroleum products. The Company’s products are used in transportation and industrial equipment.
- Auxilium Pharma (NASDAQ:AUXL): Collins Stewart upgraded its rating on this company from Neutral to Buy and changed its price target to $23. About the company: Auxilium Pharmaceuticals Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company . The Company develops and markets therapeutics to urologists, endocrinologists, orthopedists and select primary care physicians.
- Citrix Systems (NASDAQ:CTXS): Needham upgraded its rating on this company from Hold to Buy and changed its price target to $85. About the company: Citrix Systems, Inc. designs, develops, and markets technology solutions that allow applications to be delivered, supported, and shared on-demand. The Company develops and markets comprehensive solutions across all dimensions of application, server and desktop virtualization as well as application and network optimization.
- New Oriental Education & Technology (NYSE:EDU): Wunderlich upgraded its rating on this company from Hold to Buy and changed its price target from $32 to $42. About the company: New Oriental Education & Technology Group, Inc. offers educational services. The Company offers foreign language training, test preparation courses for admissions and assessment tests in the United States, the PRC and Commonwealth countries, primary and secondary school education, development and distribution of educational content, software and other technology, and online classes.
- UniFirst (NYSE:UNF): Robert W. Baird upgraded its rating on this company from Neutral to Outperform and changed its price target from $57 to $60. About the company: UniFirst Corporation provides workplace uniforms and protective clothing. The Company employs team partners who serve customer locations in the United States, Canada, and Europe from various manufacturing, distribution, and customer service facilities.
- Lance (NASDAQ:LNCE): BB&T Capital Mkts downgraded its rating on this company from Buy to Hold. About the company: Lance, Inc. manufactures, markets, and distributes a variety of snack foods. The Company’s products include sandwich crackers, cookies, restaurant crackers and bread basket items, candy, chips, meat snacks, nuts, and cake items. Lance’s products are sold under its own brand names, private labels, and third party brands to grocery and mass merchants, vending operations, and other customers.
- Kodiak Oil & Gas (AMEX:KOG): Global Hunter Securities downgraded its rating on this company from Buy to Neutral. About the company: Kodiak Oil & Gas Corporation explores for oil and natural gas in the western United States.
- Rightnow Tech (NASDAQ:RNOW): Stifel Nicolaus downgraded its rating on this company from Buy to Hold. About the company: RightNow Technologies, Inc. provides on demand customer relationship management software and services. The Company’s solution uses a self-learning knowledgebase to deliver customer self-service, e-mail management, live interaction, issue tracking, and customer satisfaction measurement capabilities.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Briefing.com via the Wall St. Journal. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>