Shares Hitting a 52-Week Low Point as Nasdaq Surges 5% Upward
Here are stocks that hit 52-week lows in today’s trading. Note that this list excludes all stocks with a market capitalization less than $10 billion:
- Hewlett-Packard Company (NYSE:HPQ): Up 2.34% to $31.53. Hewlett-Packard Company provides imaging and printing systems, computing systems, and information technology services for business and home. The Company’s products include laser and inkjet printers, scanners, copiers and faxes, personal computers, workstations, storage solutions, and other computing and printing systems. Hewlett-Packard sells its products worldwide.
- iPath Optimized Currency Carry ETN (NYSE:ICI): Down 1.38% to $43.54. iPath Optimized Currency Carry ETN is an exchange-traded note issued in the USA. The Notes will provide investors with a cash payment at the scheduled maturity or early redemption based on the performance of the underlying index, the Barclays Intelligent Carry Index, which attempts to capture returns potentially available from the “carry trade” in G10 currencies.
- KB Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE:KB): Up 3.05% to $39.90. KB Financial Group, Inc. is the holding company for Kookmin Bank. The Bank attracts deposits and offers commercial banking services. Kookmin offers mortgage and home equity, consumer and corporate loans; credit cards; securities investment and trading services; investment banking; investment advice; foreign exchange services; and insurance.
- Korea Electric Power Corp. (NYSE:KEP): Up 0.51% to $9.90. Korea Electric Power Corporation (KEPCO) generates, transmits, and distributes electricity to South Korea for a variety of uses. The Company also builds and operates hydro-power, thermal-power, and nuclear power units in South Korea.
- Loews Corporation (NYSE:L): Up 3.11% to $36.46. Loews Corporation is a diversified holding company. The Company, through its subsidiaries, is involved in a variety of businesses including commercial property-casualty insurance, offshore drilling, natural gas exploration and production, operation of natural gas pipeline systems, and the operation of hotels and resorts.
- China Life Insurance Co. Ltd. (NYSE:LFC): Up 3.28% to $43.08. China Life Insurance Co., Limited offers a wide range of life, accident, and health insurance products and services.
- Lowe’s Companies Inc. (NYSE:LOW): Up 2.68% to $19.17. Lowe’s Companies, Inc. is a home improvement retailer that distributes building materials and supplies through stores in the United States. The Company offers a complete line of products and services for home decorating, maintenance, repair, remodeling, and property maintenance.
- Lloyds Banking Group plc (NYSE:LYG): Up 4% to $2.08. Lloyds Banking Group plc, through subsidiaries and associated companies, offers a range of banking and financial services. The Company provides retail banking, mortgages, pensions, asset management, insurance services, corporate banking, and treasury services.
- Mobile Telesystems OJSC (NYSE:MBT): Up 2.41% to $16.54. Mobile TeleSystems provides mobile telephone services in Russia and the former Soviet Union. The Company uses the GSM 900/1800 standard, operating throughout Russia and throughout Belarus, Ukraine, and Uzbekistan.
- MetLife, Inc. (NYSE:MET): Up 6.54% to $34.88. MetLife, Inc. provides individual insurance, employee benefits and financial services with operations throughout the United States and the regions of Latin America, Europe, and Asia Pacific. The Company’s products include life insurance, annuities, automobile and homeowners insurance, retail banking and other financial services to individuals as well as group insurance.
- Merck & Co. Inc. (NYSE:MRK): Up 4.28% to $31.22. Merck & Co., Inc. is a global pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, manufactures, and markets a broad range of human and animal health products. Merck’s products include a treatment for elevated cholesterol, a treatment for male pattern hair loss, a preventive treatment for osteoporosis, a treatment for hypertension, and a treatment for allergic rhinitis.
- Morgan Stanley (NYSE:MS): Up 6.37% to $18.21. Morgan Stanley, a bank holding company, provides diversified financial services on a worldwide basis. The Company operates a global securities business which serves individual and institutional investors and investment banking clients. Morgan Stanley also operates a global asset management business.
- NextEra Energy, Inc. (NYSE:NEE): Up 3.53% to $51.94. NextEra Energy, Inc. is a clean energy company. The Company, through its subsidiaries, generates, transmits, distributes, and sells electric energy utilizing natural gas, wind and nuclear resources.
- Nucor Corporation (NYSE:NUE): Up 5.96% to $33.95. Nucor Corporation manufactures steel products. The Company’s products include carbon and alloy steel, steel joists, steel deck, cold finished steel, steel grinding balls, steel bearing products, and metal buildingsystems. Nucor also brokers ferrous and nonferrous metals, pig iron and HBI/DRI; supplies ferro-alloys; and processes ferrous and nonferrous scrap.
- Petroleo Brasileiro (PBR-A): Up 2.83% to $24.38.
- PACCAR Inc. (NASDAQ:PCAR): Up 4.45% to $37.31. PACCAR Inc designs, develops, manufactures, and distributes light-, medium-, and heavy-duty trucks, and related aftermarket distribution of parts. The Company also offers finance and leasing services to its customers and dealers.
- PG & E Corp. (NYSE:PCG): Up 0.71% to $39.92. PG&E Corporation is a holding company that holds interests in energy based businesses. The Company’s holdings include a public utility operating in northern and central California that provides electricity and natural gas distribution; electricity generation, procurement, and transmission; and natural gas procurement, transportation, and storage.
- Public Service Enterprise Group Inc. (NYSE:PEG): Up 3.36% to $29.81. Public Service Enterprise Group Incorporated is a public utility holding company. The Company, through its subsidiaries, generates, transmits, and distributes electricity and produces natural gas in in the Northeastern and Mid Atlantic United States.
- Pepsico, Inc. (NYSE:PEP): Up 0.19% to $63.09. PepsiCo, Inc. operates worldwide beverage, snack and food businesses. The Company manufacture or uses contract manufacturers, market and sell a variety of grain-based snacks, carbonated and non-carbonated beverages and foods in countries throughout the world.
- Progressive Corp. (NYSE:PGR): Up 7.03% to $18.41. The Progressive Corporation is an insurance holding company. The Company, through its subsidiaries, provide personal and commercial automobile insurance and other specialty property-casualty insurance and related services throughout the United States.
- Koninklijke Philips Electronics NV (NYSE:PHG): Up 5.86% to $21.15. Koninklijke Philips Electronics N.V. manufactures medical systems; domestic appliances; consumer electronics; and lighting. The Company produces imaging, ultrasound and healthcare informatics equipment; shaving and beauty and health and wellness products; displays, and peripherals; and lamps and luminaries.
- POSCO (NYSE:PKX): Up 2.89% to $97.15. POSCO manufactures various types of steel products. The Company produces hot rolled steel, cold rolled steel, stainless steel, and other forms of steel. The products are mainly used for automobile, construction, and shipbuilding industries.
- PNC Financial Services Group Inc. (NYSE:PNC): Up 4.96% to $49.32. PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. is a diversified financial services organization. The Company provides regional banking, wholesale banking, and asset management services nationally and in the Company’s primary regional markets.
- Royal Bank of Scotland Group plc (NYSE:RBS): Up 4.09% to $8.65. Royal Bank of Scotland Group plc, through subsidiaries, accepts deposits and offers commercial banking services. The bank offers business term loans; commercial mortgages; professional practice loans; asset finance and invoice finance loans; residential mortgages; consumer loans; credit cards; financial planning services; and life, personal lines, and income protection insurance.
- Raytheon Co. (NYSE:RTN): Up 4.47% to $41.17. Raytheon Company operates in defense, homeland security and other government markets. The Company provides electronics, mission systems integration in the areas of sensing, effects, command, control, communications and intelligence systems, and mission support services. Raytheon provides products and services worldwide.
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter >>