Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Northern Trust Corporation (NASDAQ:NTRS).
SEC data indicate that no insiders have bought Northern Trust Corporation’s stock since 06/30/2011.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Northern Trust Corporation in Q3 2011:
- ARTISAN PARTNERS LIMITED PARTNERSHIP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 4,078,600 shares, worth $142,669,428.
- RCM CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 2,805,010 shares, worth $98,119,250.
- FAIRPOINTE CAPITAL LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,315,733 shares, worth $46,024,340.
- BURGUNDY ASSET MANAGEMENT LTD.: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 931,798 shares, worth $32,594,294.
- TRADEWINDS GLOBAL INVESTORS, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 894,831 shares, worth $31,301,188.
About the company: Northern Trust Corporation is a financial holding company that provides investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary, and banking solutions for corporations, institutions, and affluent individuals. Northern trusts banking operations are its primary operations.
Competitors to Watch: State Street Corporation (NYSE:STT), The Bank of New York Mellon Corp. (NYSE:BK), SEI Investments Company (NASDAQ:SEIC), Washington Federal Inc. (NASDAQ:WFSL), Capital One Financial Corp. (NYSE:COF), Marshall & Ilsley Corp. (NYSE:MI), Bank Mutual Corporation (NASDAQ:BKMU), New York Community Bancorp, Inc. (NYSE:NYB), Flagstar Bancorp, Inc. (NYSE:FBC), and People’s United Financial, Inc. (NASDAQ:PBCT).
(Note: Data regarding Northern Trust Corporation’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>