Shares of Spartan Stores Supported By These Big Financial Institutions
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Spartan Stores Inc. (NASDAQ:SPTN).
SEC data indicate that no insiders have bought Spartan Stores Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Spartan Stores Inc. in Q3 2011:
- KENNEDY CAPITAL MANAGEMENT INC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 264,592 shares, worth $4,080,009.
- FRANKLIN RESOURCES INC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 73,850 shares, worth $1,138,767.
- JENNISON ASSOCIATES LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 70,970 shares, worth $1,094,357.
- SG AMERICAS SECURITIES, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 48,147 shares, worth $742,427.
- D. E. SHAW & CO., INC.: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 31,622 shares, worth $487,611.
About the company: Spartan Stores, Inc. provides food wholesale and retail distribution services. The Company operates a chain of grocery stores in Michigan, Indiana, and Ohio.
Competitors to Watch: Nash-Finch Company (NASDAQ:NAFC), SYSCO Corporation (NYSE:SYY), United Natural Foods, Inc. (NASDAQ:UNFI), AMCON Distributing Co. (AMEX:DIT), Synergy Brands, Inc. (SYBR), Core-Mark Holding Co., Inc. (NASDAQ:CORE), SUPERVALU INC. (NYSE:SVU), G. Willi-Food Intl. Ltd. (NASDAQ:WILC), The Kroger Co. (NYSE:KR), and Weis Markets, Inc. (NYSE:WMK).
(Note: Data regarding Spartan Stores Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>