Sherwin-Williams: Funds Buying Shares in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Sherwin-Williams Co. (NYSE:SHW).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Sherwin-Williams Co. in Q3 2011:
- SIRIOS CAPITAL MANAGEMENT L P: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 415,693 shares, worth $30,761,282.
- HOUND PARTNERS, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 231,508 shares, worth $17,131,592.
- JEFFERIES GROUP INC /DE/: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 134,704 shares, worth $9,968,096.
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 89,843 shares, worth $6,648,382.
- SG CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 67,299 shares, worth $4,980,126.
About the company: The Sherwin-Williams Company manufactures, distributes, and sells paints, coatings, and related products. The Company’s products are sold to professional, industrial, commercial, and retail customers primarily in North and South America. Sherwin Williams also has additional operations in the Caribbean region, Europe and Asia.
Competitors to Watch: PPG Industries, Inc. (NYSE:PPG), The Home Depot, Inc. (NYSE:HD), Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE:LOW), The Valspar Corporation (NYSE:VAL), RPM International Inc. (NYSE:RPM), Tractor Supply Company (NASDAQ:TSCO), Builders FirstSource, Inc. (NASDAQ:BLDR).
(Note: Data regarding Sherwin-Williams Co.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>