Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Simon Property Group Inc. (NYSE:SPG).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Simon Property Group Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Simon Herbert: act as Chairman Emeritus of the Board. On 11/11/2011, sold 121,824 shares, worth $15,604,400.
- Sokolov Richard S: act as President and COO. On 10/28/2011, sold 25,000 shares, worth $3,214,300.
- Sterrett Stephen E: act as EVP/CFO(Click HERE for the list of stocks that their CFOs have bought). On 09/27/2011, sold 6,933 shares, worth $797,300.
- Barkley James M: act as General Counsel. On 08/30/2011, sold 5,000 shares, worth $585,000.
- Rulli John: act as EVP/Pres. Simon Mgmt. Group. On 08/24/2011, sold 4,000 shares, worth $462,000.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Simon Property Group Inc. in Q3 2011:
- BROOKFIELD INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT INC.: On 06/30/2011, held 1,990,337 shares, worth $228,092,620. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- CARLSON CAPITAL L P: On 06/30/2011, held 484,250 shares, worth $55,495,050. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT SYSTEM OF TEXAS: On 06/30/2011, held 321,836 shares, worth $36,882,406. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- STARWOOD REAL ESTATE SECURITIES, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 119,300 shares, worth $13,671,780. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- STEVENS CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LP: On 06/30/2011, held 109,393 shares, worth $12,536,438. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Simon Property Group, Inc. is a self-administered and self-managed, real estate investment trust. The Company owns, develops, and manages retail real estate properties including regional malls, outlet centers, community/lifestyle centers, and international properties.
Competitors to Watch: General Growth Properties, Inc (NYSE:GGP), Developers Diversified Realty Corp. (NYSE:DDR), Pennsylvania R.E.I.T. (NYSE:PEI), Kimco Realty Corporation (NYSE:KIM), Ramco-Gershenson Properties Trust (NYSE:RPT), Tanger Factory Outlet Centers Inc. (NYSE:SKT), Regency Centers Corp. (NYSE:REG), Glimcher Realty Trust (NYSE:GRT), American Assets Trust, Inc (NYSE:AAT), and Kite Realty Group Trust (NYSE:KRG).
(Note: Data regarding Simon Property Group Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>