Simon Property Group: Major Institutions Supporting Shares in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Simon Property Group Inc. (NYSE:SPG).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Simon Property Group Inc. in Q3 2011:
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 9,815,045 shares, worth $1,071,901,064.
- BROOKFIELD ASSET MANAGEMENT INC.: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 2,050,927 shares, worth $223,981,738.
- VIKING GLOBAL INVESTORS LP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 657,500 shares, worth $71,805,575.
- NORTHERN TRUST CO OF CONNECTICUT: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 388,857 shares, worth $42,467,073.
- HARRISON STREET SECURITIES, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 355,689 shares, worth $38,844,796.
About the company: Simon Property Group, Inc. is a self-administered and self-managed, real estate investment trust. The Company owns, develops, and manages retail real estate properties including regional malls, outlet centers, community/lifestyle centers, and international properties.
Competitors to Watch: General Growth Properties, Inc (NYSE:GGP), Developers Diversified Realty Corp. (NYSE:DDR), Pennsylvania R.E.I.T. (NYSE:PEI), Kimco Realty Corporation (NYSE:KIM), Ramco-Gershenson Properties Trust (NYSE:RPT), Tanger Factory Outlet Centers Inc. (NYSE:SKT), Regency Centers Corp. (NYSE:REG), Glimcher Realty Trust (NYSE:GRT), American Assets Trust, Inc (NYSE:AAT), and Kite Realty Group Trust (NYSE:KRG).
(Note: Data regarding Simon Property Group Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>