Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about 11 stocks that hit 52-week highs in today’s trading. Note that this list excludes all stocks with a market capitalization less than $2 billion:
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (NYSE:BMY): Up 0.84% to $31.38. Bristol-Myers Squibb Company is a global biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, manufactures and sells pharmaceutical and nutritional products. The Company’s products and experimental therapies address cancer, heart disease, HIV/AIDS, diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, hepatitis, organ transplant rejection and psychiatric disorders.
- Dominion Resources, Inc. (NYSE:D): Down 0.94% to $50.77. Dominion Resources, Inc., a diversified utility holding company, generates, transmits, distributes, and sells electric energy in Virginia and northeastern North Carolina. The Company produces, transports, distributes, and markets natural gas to customers in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions of the United States.
- Duke Energy Corporation (NYSE:DUK): Down 0.7% to $19.99. Duke Energy Corporation is an energy company located primarily in the Americas that owns an integrated network of energy assets. The Company manages a portfolio of natural gas and electric supply, delivery, and trading businesses in the United States and Latin America.
- Progress Energy Inc. (NYSE:PGN): Down 0.98% to $51.72. Progress Energy, Inc. is an integrated electric utility that provides energy and energy-related products and services in the Southeast United States. The Company serves electric and gas customers in the Carolinas and in Florida.
- ONEOK Partners, L.P. (NYSE:OKS): Up 1.48% to $46.62. ONEOK Partners, L.P., through a subsidiary limited partnership, owns a general partner interest in a master limited partnership. The partnership owns an interstate pipeline system that transports natural gas primarily in the upper Midwest and Mid Continent regions of the United States.
- Pharmasset, Inc. (NASDAQ:VRUS): Up 6.56% to $82.37. Pharmasset, Inc. is a pharmaceutical company. The Company develops oral therapeutics for the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), hepatitis B (HBV), and hepatitis C (HCV).
- ITC Holdings Corp. (NYSE:ITC): Up 2.3% to $77.43. ITC Holdings Corporation is a holding company. Through subsidiaries, the Company transmits electricity from electricity generating stations to local electricity distribution facilities. ITC invests in electricity transmission infrastructure improvements as a means to improve electricity reliability and reduce congestion.
- DPL Inc. (NYSE:DPL): Down 0.26% to $30.14. DPL Inc. is a holding company whose principal subsidiary is The Dayton Power and Light Company. Dayton Power & Light sells electricity to residential, commercial, and government customers in west central Ohio.
- Nicor Inc. (NYSE:GAS): Up 0.09% to $55.01. Nicor Inc. is holding company. The Company, through its subsidiaries, provides gas distribution services in Illinois as well as containerized freight transportation services the Bahamas and the Caribbean region. Nicor also provides energy-related products and services to retail markets and markets natural gas on a wholesale basis.
- Treehouse Foods, Inc. (NYSE:THS): Up 0.88% to $61.84. TreeHouse Foods, Inc. is a food manufacturer servicing primarily the retail grocery and foodservice distribution channels. The Company’s products include non-dairy powdered coffee creamer; canned soups, salad dressings and sauces; salsa and Mexican sauces; jams and pie fillings, pickles, and related products.
- Investors Real Estate Trust (NASDAQ:IRETP): Down 0.27% to $26.21.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from FINVIZ.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>