Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about 16 stocks that hit 52-week lows in today’s trading. Note that this list excludes all stocks with a market capitalization less than $300 million:
- Accelrys Inc. (NASDAQ:ACCL): Down 4.78% to $5.97. Accelrys Inc provides molecular modeling and simulation, bioinformatics, and cheminformatics software, and related services that facilitate the discovery and development of new drug and chemical products and processes in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, chemical, petrochemical, and materials industries.
- Apollo Global Management, LLC (NASDAQ:APO): Down 5.87% to $11.22. Apollo Global Management LLC provides global alternative asset manager services. The Company specializes in private equity, credit-oriented capital markets, and real estate funds invested across a core group of industries where Apollo has knowledge and resources. Apollo Global Management provides services throughout the world.
- Avid Technology Inc. (NASDAQ:AVID): Down 4.86% to $8.80. Avid Technology, Inc. develops, markets, sells, and supports a variety of software and systems for creating and manipulating digital media content. The Company develops and sells digital editing systems and newsroom computer systems, as well as digital audio systems. Avid’s products are used worldwide in production and post-production film, video, and television facilities.
- Alon Holdings Blue Square – Israel Ltd (NYSE:BSI): Down 10.64% to $5.46. Alon Holdings Blue Square Ltd. owns and operates supermarkets and specialty stores in Israel. The Company sells consumer products including food and beverages, apparel, housewares, electronics, and cosmetics.
- First Solar, Inc. (NASDAQ:FSLR): Down 3.86% to $86.67. First Solar, Inc. designs and manufactures solar modules. The Company uses a thin film semiconductor technology to manufacture electricity-producing solar modules.
- Isoftstone Holdings Limited (NYSE:ISS): Down 1.13% to $7.91. iSoftStone Holdings Limited is an information technology (NYSE:IT) service provider in China. The Company focuses on four main industry vehicles including technology; communications; banking, financial services and insurance; and energy, transportation and public sector. iSoftStone Holdings Ltd provides consulting and solutions, IT services, and business process outsourcing.
- JA Solar Holdings Co., Ltd. (NASDAQ:JASO): Down 5.59% to $3.04. JA Solar Holdings Company, Ltd. manufactures solar cells. The Company sells its products principally to solar module manufacturers, which assemble and integrate its products into modules and systems.
- JinkoSolar Holding Co., Ltd. (NYSE:JKS): Down 8.37% to $11.82. JinkoSolar Holding Company Limited manufactures solar products. The Company produces silicon wafers, solar cells and solar modules.
- State Bank Financial Corporatio (STBZ): Down 2.37% to $12.76.
- State Auto Financial Corp. (NASDAQ:STFC): Down 5.55% to $12.26. State Auto Financial Corporation is a regional property and casualty insurance holding company. The Company provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, commercial multi-peril, workers’ compensation, and fire insurance. State Auto markets its products through independent agents primarily in the Midwestern and Eastern United States.
- Suntech Power Holdings Co. Ltd. (NYSE:STP): Down 6.21% to $4.38. Suntech Power Holdings Company Ltd produces solar cells. The Company designs, develops, manufactures and markets a variety of photovoltaic (PV) cells and modules. Suntech Power is based in China.
- Trina Solar Ltd. (NYSE:TSL): Down 8.47% to $11.34. Trina Solar Limited manufactures solar-power products including photovoltaic wafers, ingots, cells and modules. The Company’s solar modules provide environmentally-friendly electric power for residential, commercial, industrial, and other applications worldwide.
- Village Super Market Inc. (NASDAQ:VLGEA): Down 2.95% to $22.37. Village Super Market, Inc. operates a chain of ShopRite supermarkets. The Company operates stores in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Village Super Market also operates one former ShopRite store under a Village Market format. The Company is a member of Wakefern Food Corporation.
- Whirlpool Corp. (NYSE:WHR): Down 5% to $54.01. Whirlpool Corporation manufactures and markets major home appliances. The Company’s principal products include laundry appliances, refrigeration and room air conditioning equipment, cooking appliances, dishwashers, and mixers and other small household appliances. Whirlpool’s products are sold worldwide
- Xueda Education Group (NYSE:XUE): Down 1.22% to $5.67. Xueda Education Group. provides tutoring services for primary and secondary school students in China with a focus on offering personalized tutoring services. The Company conducts its tutoring business through our variable interest entity, or VIE, and its subsidiaries and schools located in cities throughout China.
- Yingli Green Energy Holding Co. Ltd. (NYSE:YGE): Down 5.51% to $4.80. Yingli Green Energy Holding Company Limited designs, manufactures and sells PV modules. The Company also designs, assembles, sells and installs PV systems that are connected to an electricity transmission grid or those that operate on a stand-alone basis.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from FINVIZ.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>