Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Southern Company (NYSE:SO).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Southern Company in Q3 2011:
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 2,793,239 shares, worth $117,064,646.
- FIL LTD: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,001,677 shares, worth $41,980,283.
- COMMERZBANK AKTIENGESELLSCHAFT /FI: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 993,981 shares, worth $41,657,744.
- MOORE CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, LP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 750,000 shares, worth $31,432,500.
- MCKINLEY CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC /DELAWARE: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 658,686 shares, worth $27,605,530.
About the company: Southern Company is a public utility holding company. The Company, through its subsidiaries, generates, wholesales, and retails electricity in the southeastern United States. The Company also offers wireless telecommunications services, and provides businesses with two-way radio, telephone, paging, and Internet access services as well as wholesales fiber optic solutions.
Competitors to Watch: Entergy Corporation (NYSE:ETR), Progress Energy, Inc. (NYSE:PGN), Duke Energy Corporation (NYSE:DUK), SCANA Corporation (NYSE:SCG), NextEra Energy, Inc. (NYSE:NEE), TECO Energy, Inc. (NYSE:TE), PPL Corporation (NYSE:PPL), Dominion Resources, Inc. (NYSE:D), American Electric Power Co., Inc. (NYSE:AEP), and FirstEnergy Corp. (NYSE:FE).
(Note: Data regarding Southern Company’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>