Southern Company: Major Shareholders Cashing Stock in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Southern Company (NYSE:SO).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Southern Company’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Story Susan N: act as President & CEO, SCS(Click HERE for the list of stocks that their CEOs have bought). On 10/27/2011, sold 78,529 shares, worth $3,427,000.
- Bowers William P: act as President & CEO, GPC. On 09/07/2011, sold 81,883 shares, worth $3,380,100.
- Topazi Anthony J: act as Executive VP & COO. On 10/19/2011, sold 37,805 shares, worth $1,631,300.
- Beattie Art P: act as Executive Vice President & CFO. On 08/29/2011, sold 27,307 shares, worth $1,126,400.
- Topazi Anthony J: act as Executive VP & COO. On 08/24/2011, sold 26,109 shares, worth $1,076,700.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Southern Company in Q3 2011:
- VAUGHAN DAVID INVESTMENTS INC/IL: On 06/30/2011, held 371,070 shares, worth $14,646,133. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- BNP PARIBAS ARBITRAGE, SA: On 06/30/2011, held 365,728 shares, worth $14,435,284. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- KAYNE ANDERSON CAPITAL ADVISORS LP: On 06/30/2011, held 310,000 shares, worth $12,235,700. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- TD SECURITIES (USA) LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 242,200 shares, worth $9,559,634. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT SYSTEM OF TEXAS: On 06/30/2011, held 198,000 shares, worth $7,815,060. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Southern Company is a public utility holding company. The Company, through its subsidiaries, generates, wholesales, and retails electricity in the southeastern United States. The Company also offers wireless telecommunications services, and provides businesses with two-way radio, telephone, paging, and Internet access services as well as wholesales fiber optic solutions.
Competitors to Watch: Entergy Corporation (NYSE:ETR), Progress Energy, Inc. (NYSE:PGN), Duke Energy Corporation (NYSE:DUK), SCANA Corporation (NYSE:SCG), NextEra Energy, Inc. (NYSE:NEE), TECO Energy, Inc. (NYSE:TE), PPL Corporation (NYSE:PPL), Dominion Resources, Inc. (NYSE:D), American Electric Power Co., Inc. (NYSE:AEP), and FirstEnergy Corp. (NYSE:FE).
(Note: Data regarding Southern Company’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>