Southwest Airlines: Insiders and Funds Selling Shares in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Southwest Airlines Co. (NYSE:LUV).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Southwest Airlines Co.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Kelly Gary C: act as COB, Pres., & CEO(Click HERE for the list of stocks that their CEOs have bought). On 11/03/2011, sold 12,000 shares, worth $102,700.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Southwest Airlines Co. in Q3 2011:
- TWO SIGMA INVESTMENTS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 5,532,279 shares, worth $63,123,303. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- ALPINE ASSOCIATES ADVISORS: On 06/30/2011, held 2,323,467 shares, worth $26,510,758. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- SCOTT & STRINGFELLOW, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 2,016,473 shares, worth $23,007,957. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- SANDELL ASSET MANAGEMENT CORP: On 06/30/2011, held 1,028,453 shares, worth $11,734,649. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- TEMASEK HOLDINGS (PRIVATE) LTD: On 06/30/2011, held 1,000,000 shares, worth $11,410,000. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Southwest Airlines Co. is a domestic airline that provides primarily short-haul, high-frequency, point-to-point service. The Company offers flights throughout the United States.
Competitors to Watch: AirTran Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:AAI), JetBlue Airways Corp. (NASDAQ:JBLU), Delta Air Lines, Inc. (NYSE:DAL), AMR Corporation (NYSE:AMR), US Airways Group, Inc. (NYSE:LCC), Allegiant Travel Company (NASDAQ:ALGT), Republic Airways Hldgs. Inc. (NASDAQ:RJET), SkyWest, Inc. (NASDAQ:SKYW), Alaska Air Group, Inc. (NYSE:ALK), and United Continental Hldgs., Inc. (NYSE:UAL).
(Note: Data regarding Southwest Airlines Co.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>