Southwest Airlines: New Major Shareholder Quarterly Positions
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Southwest Airlines Co. (NYSE:LUV).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Southwest Airlines Co. in Q3 2011:
- TRADEWINDS GLOBAL INVESTORS, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 13,590,253 shares, worth $109,265,634.
- TEACHERS RETIREMENT SYSTEM OF THE STATE OF KENTUCKY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,388,768 shares, worth $11,165,695.
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,031,843 shares, worth $8,296,018.
- PHOCAS FINANCIAL CORP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 735,650 shares, worth $5,914,626.
- PUBLIC EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT ASSOCIATION OF COLORADO: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 723,447 shares, worth $5,816,514.
About the company: Southwest Airlines Co. is a domestic airline that provides primarily short-haul, high-frequency, point-to-point service. The Company offers flights throughout the United States.
Competitors to Watch: AirTran Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:AAI), JetBlue Airways Corp. (NASDAQ:JBLU), Delta Air Lines, Inc. (NYSE:DAL), AMR Corporation (NYSE:AMR), US Airways Group, Inc. (NYSE:LCC), Allegiant Travel Company (NASDAQ:ALGT), Republic Airways Hldgs. Inc. (NASDAQ:RJET), SkyWest, Inc. (NASDAQ:SKYW), Alaska Air Group, Inc. (NYSE:ALK), and United Continental Hldgs., Inc. (NYSE:UAL).
(Note: Data regarding Southwest Airlines Co.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>