Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Southwestern Energy Co. (NYSE:SWN).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Southwestern Energy Co.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Korell Harold M: act as Director. On 11/01/2011, sold 100,000 shares, worth $4,042,000.
- Epley Lewis E Jr: act as Director. On 11/11/2011, sold 64,000 shares, worth $2,711,000.
- Korell Harold M: act as Director. On 11/03/2011, sold 23,600 shares, worth $1,000,400.
- Mourton Kenneth R: act as Director. On 11/07/2011, sold 13,760 shares, worth $580,300.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Southwestern Energy Co. in Q3 2011:
- ARTISAN PARTNERS HOLDINGS LP: On 06/30/2011, held 4,920,700 shares, worth $210,999,616. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- TURNER INVESTMENT PARTNERS INC: On 06/30/2011, held 1,702,579 shares, worth $73,006,588. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- TRILOGY GLOBAL ADVISORS LP: On 06/30/2011, held 1,249,675 shares, worth $53,586,064. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- GME CAPITAL LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 508,350 shares, worth $21,798,048. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- RIVER & MERCANTILE ASSET MANAGEMENT LLP: On 06/30/2011, held 456,523 shares, worth $19,575,706. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Southwestern Energy Company is an independent energy company primarily focused on natural gas and crude oil exploration, development and production (E&P) within the United States. The Company operations also include natural gas gathering, transmission, and marketing, as well as natural gas distribution.
Competitors to Watch: Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE:MRO), Williams Companies, Inc. (NYSE:WMB), Questar Corporation (NYSE:STR), Chevron Corporation (NYSE:CVX), Exxon Mobil Corporation (NYSE:XOM), EQT Corporation (NYSE:EQT), Hess Corp. (NYSE:HES), ConocoPhillips (NYSE:COP), Double Eagle Petroleum Co. (NASDAQ:DBLE), and Occidental Petroleum Corp. (NYSE:OXY).
(Note: Data regarding Southwestern Energy Co.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>