Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Southwestern Energy Co. (NYSE:SWN).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Southwestern Energy Co. in Q3 2011:
- ARTISAN PARTNERS LIMITED PARTNERSHIP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 5,244,000 shares, worth $174,782,520.
- BBVA USA BANCSHARES INC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 2,488,945 shares, worth $82,956,537.
- CLEARBRIDGE ADVISORS, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,766,740 shares, worth $58,885,444.
- RCM CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,447,723 shares, worth $48,252,608.
- MUNDER CAPITAL MANAGEMENT: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,313,510 shares, worth $43,779,288.
About the company: Southwestern Energy Company is an independent energy company primarily focused on natural gas and crude oil exploration, development and production (E&P) within the United States. The Company operations also include natural gas gathering, transmission, and marketing, as well as natural gas distribution.
Competitors to Watch: Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE:MRO), Williams Companies, Inc. (NYSE:WMB), Questar Corporation (NYSE:STR), Chevron Corporation (NYSE:CVX), Exxon Mobil Corporation (NYSE:XOM), EQT Corporation (NYSE:EQT), Hess Corp. (NYSE:HES), ConocoPhillips (NYSE:COP), Double Eagle Petroleum Co. (NASDAQ:DBLE), and Occidental Petroleum Corp. (NYSE:OXY).
(Note: Data regarding Southwestern Energy Co.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>