Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Sprint Nextel Corp. (NYSE:S).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Sprint Nextel Corp. in Q3 2011:
- TPG-AXON MANAGEMENT LP: On 06/30/2011, held 37,710,000 shares, worth $203,256,900. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- ANCHORAGE CAPITAL GROUP, L.L.C.: On 06/30/2011, held 11,022,000 shares, worth $59,408,580. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- ARROWSTREET CAPITAL LIMITED PARTNERSHIP: On 06/30/2011, held 10,881,746 shares, worth $58,652,611. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- ATTARA CAPITAL LP: On 06/30/2011, held 8,859,789 shares, worth $47,754,263. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- KARSCH CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LP: On 06/30/2011, held 8,151,007 shares, worth $43,933,928. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Sprint Nextel Corporation offers a range of wireless and wireline communications services to consumer, business, and government customers. The Company develops, engineers, and deploys various technologies, including two wireless networks offering mobile data services, instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities, and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone.
Competitors to Watch: AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T), Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE:VZ), Clearwire Corporation (NASDAQ:CLWR), MetroPCS Communications, Inc. (NYSE:PCS), Leap Wireless Intl., Inc. (NASDAQ:LEAP), NTELOS Holdings Corp. (NASDAQ:NTLS), United States Cellular Corp. (NYSE:USM), Telephone & Data Systems, Inc. (NYSE:TDS), and CenturyLink, Inc. (NYSE:CTL).
(Note: Data regarding Sprint Nextel Corp.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>