St. Jude Medical Stock: Major Shareholder Q3 Changes
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of St. Jude Medical Inc. (NYSE:STJ).
SEC data indicate that no insiders have bought St. Jude Medical Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of St. Jude Medical Inc. in Q3 2011:
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,847,898 shares, worth $66,875,429.
- VISIUM ASSET MANAGEMENT, LP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 493,571 shares, worth $17,862,334.
- IRIDIAN ASSET MANAGEMENT LLC/CT: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 414,010 shares, worth $14,983,022.
- PUBLIC EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT ASSOCIATION OF COLORADO: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 264,686 shares, worth $9,578,986.
- TEXAS PERMANENT SCHOOL FUND: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 209,490 shares, worth $7,581,443.
About the company: St. Jude Medical, Inc. develops, manufactures, and distributes medical devices for the worldwide cardiovascular market. The Company serves patients and its health care customers with products and services including heart valves, cardiac rhythm management systems, specialty catheters, and other cardiovascular devices.
Competitors to Watch: Medtronic, Inc. (NYSE:MDT), Boston Scientific Corp. (NYSE:BSX), Edwards Lifesciences Corp (NYSE:EW), Hansen Medical, Inc. (NASDAQ:HNSN), Greatbatch Inc. (NYSE:GB), Cardima, Inc. (CADMQ), AtriCure Inc. (NASDAQ:ATRC), Volcano Corporation (NASDAQ:VOLC), C.R. Bard, Inc. (NYSE:BCR), and Stereotaxis, Inc. (NASDAQ:STXS).
(Note: Data regarding St. Jude Medical Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>