Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of StanCorp Financial Group Inc. (NYSE:SFG).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of StanCorp Financial Group Inc. in Q3 2011:
- ROBECO INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT, INC.: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 83,192 shares, worth $2,233,705.
- PUBLIC EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT ASSOCIATION OF COLORADO: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 69,200 shares, worth $1,858,020.
- TEXAS PERMANENT SCHOOL FUND: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 56,414 shares, worth $1,514,716.
- TFS CAPITAL LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 25,317 shares, worth $679,761.
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 24,610 shares, worth $660,779.
About the company: StanCorp Financial Group, Inc. is the holding company for Standard Insurance Company. Standard provides group life and disability products, as well as products to fund retirement plans and other insurance products. The Company offers its products to employers and individuals in the United States.
Competitors to Watch: MetLife, Inc. (NYSE:MET), CNO Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE:CNO), Protective Life Corp. (NYSE:PL), Independence Holding Co. (NYSE:IHC), Kansas City Life Insurance Co (NASDAQ:KCLI), Lincoln National Corp. (NYSE:LNC), Presidential Life Corp (NASDAQ:PLFE), Delphi Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE:DFG), American International Group (NYSE:AIG), Torchmark Corporation (NYSE:TMK), and Prudential Financial, Inc. (NYSE:PRU).
(Note: Data regarding StanCorp Financial Group Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>