Starbucks Pops on Q3 Fiscal Result Wins and 2 More Heavily Traded Stocks To Follow

Starbucks Corporation (NASDAQ:SBUX): Current price $73.26

Shares are up more than 7.5 percent in afternoon trading Friday, after the coffee behemoth posted solid third quarter fiscal 2013 results, surpassing the Zacks Consensus Estimates for both revenues and earnings, which  also grew year-over-year. Impressive increase in world traffic, growing popularity of its Starbucks loyalty cards, efficiency gains, and reduced coffee costs drove profits. The corporation’s adjusted earnings, at 55 cents per share, exceeded the Zacks Consensus Estimate of 53 cents by 3.8 percent. Earnings rose by 28% year-over-year, and also beat management expectations, helped by solid sales performance and notable margin growth. Beyond that, the company elevated its earnings expectations for the fourth quarter and fiscal year 2013, and also issued a strong guidance for fiscal 2014.

sbux

Sprint Nextel Corp. (NYSE:S): Current price $5.74

Sprint has been recognized as an “Enterprise Trusted Advisor” within the new Nemertes Enterprise Trusted Advisor program, placing the carrier among an elite group of 12 vendors and service vendors. Nemertes commented that “IT leaders don’t even develop a strategy without reviewing it with their trusted advisors first, or having them at the  table helping to develop it.” Sprint attained high rankings in each of the core characteristics that are key to becoming and retaining trusted advisor status with enterprises: contact  management, expertise, credibility, character, and enlightenment.

s

BlackBerry (NASDAQ:BBRY): Current price$8.88

The loss of a contract with BlackBerry Ltd. has been blamed in part for the 14 percent fall in quarterly revenue for Canadian contract electronics maker Celestica Inc. The consumer business, which included sales from BlackBerry 2012, and accounted for 7 percent of total revenue, was down from 21 percent year-over-year. Sales at Celestica’s communications business rose by 12 percent to $627 million, accounting for 42 percent of total revenue.

bbry

Don’t Miss: The Wal-Mart Conundrum: Are Low-Wage Jobs Better Than No Jobs?