Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide: Major Shareholders Cashing Stock in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide Inc. (NYSE:HOT).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Avril Matthew E: act as President, Hotel Group. On 09/15/2011, sold 23,864 shares, worth $1,073,900.
- Van Paasschen Frits D: act as President and CEO(Click HERE for the list of stocks that their CEOs have bought). On 10/10/2011, sold 17,181 shares, worth $723,800.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide Inc. in Q3 2011:
- ARTISAN PARTNERS HOLDINGS LP: On 06/30/2011, held 2,904,700 shares, worth $162,779,388. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- ATALANTA SOSNOFF CAPITAL, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 2,226,236 shares, worth $124,758,265. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- GEM REALTY ADVISORS, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 1,255,400 shares, worth $70,352,616. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- VIKING GLOBAL INVESTORS LP: On 06/30/2011, held 1,253,100 shares, worth $70,223,724. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- CITADEL ADVISORS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 805,725 shares, worth $45,152,829. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. owns, manages, and franchises luxury and upscale hotels throughout the world. The Company also develops and operates vacation interval ownership resorts.
Competitors to Watch: Marriott Intl., Inc. (NYSE:MAR), Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE:H), Wyndham Worldwide Corp. (NYSE:WYN), Choice Hotels Intl., Inc. (NYSE:CHH), Silverleaf Resorts, Inc. (NASDAQ:SVLF), Bluegreen Corporation (NYSE:BXG), Red Lion Hotels Corp. (NYSE:RLH), Gaylord Entertainment Co. (NYSE:GET), and InterContinental Hotels Group PLC (NYSE:IHG).
(Note: Data regarding Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>