Stock Analyst Ratings: Microsoft Catches a Long Term Buy
Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about companies for which stock analysts changed their ratings on September 14th.
- Global Traffic Network (NASDAQ:GNET): Collins Stewart downgraded its rating on this company from Buy to Neutral. No price target was given. About the company: Global Traffic Network, Inc. offers traffic and news reports to radio and television stations in Australia. In compensation, the Company receives advertising time that it sells.
- Insituform Tech (NASDAQ:INSU): Oppenheimer downgraded its rating on this company from Perform to Underperform. No price target was given. About the company: Insituform Technologies, Inc. provides cured-in place pipe and other technologies and services for the rehabilitation of pipeline systems. The Company’s businesses consist of sewer, drinking water and energy and mining pipeline rehabilitation and protection. Insituform services customers worldwide.
- Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT): Hilliard Lyons initiated coverage of this company with a rating of Long-term Buy and a price target of $29.5. About the company: Microsoft Corporation develops, manufactures, licenses, sells, and supports software products. The Company offers operating system software, server application software, business and consumer applications software, software development tools, and Internet and intranet software. Microsoft also develops video game consoles and digital music entertainment devices.
- AXT (NASDAQ:AXTI): DA Davidson initiated coverage of this company with a rating of Neutral and a price target of $7. About the company: AXT, Inc. uses a proprietary crystal growth technique to produce semiconductor substrates for a variety of electronic and optoelectronic applications. The Company’s products are used in wireless and fiber optic telecommunications, lasers, LEDs, satellite solar cells, and consumer electronics.
- Robbins & Myers (NYSE:RBN): Maxim Group initiated coverage of this company with a rating of Buy and a price target of $56. About the company: Robbins & Myers, Inc. manufactures and markets fluids management products and systems. The Company serves a variety of industries, including the pharmaceutical, oil and gas production, wastewater treatment, food and beverage, and pulp and paper industries. Robbins operates facilities in the United States, Canada, Europe, Brazil, Mexico, Singapore, China, India, and Taiwan.
- Marsh McLennan (NYSE:MMC): Ticonderoga initiated coverage of this company with a rating of Buy and a price target of $34. About the company: Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc. is a global professional services firm providing advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and human capital. Marsh & McLennan offers analysis, advice, and transactional capabilities to clients worldwide.
- Aon (NYSE:AON): Ticonderoga initiated coverage of this company with a rating of Neutral. No price target was given. About the company: Aon Corporation is an insurance services holding company. The Company is comprised of risk and insurance brokerage consulting. Aon’s services include helping manage risk for clients, negotiating and placing insurance risk with other carriers, and advicing clients related to health and benefits, retirement, compensation, strategic human capital, and human resource outsourcing.
- Masimo (NASDAQ:MASI): Collins Stewart initiated coverage of this company with a rating of Buy and a price target of $28. About the company: Masimo Corporation designs, develops and licenses medical signal processing and sensor technology for the noninvasive monitoring of physiological parameters. The Company’s first products are designed to improve the effectiveness of pulse oximetry by overcoming the inability of current monitors to precisely measure the levels of arterial blood oxygen saturation and low arterial blood flow.
- Susser (NASDAQ:SUSS): RBC Capital Mkts reiterated its rating of Sector Perform for this company and changed its price target from $19 to $21. About the company: Susser Holdings Corporation owns and operates convenience stores and distributes non-refining motor fuels. The Company, through its various locations, offers merchandise, foodservice, motor fuel, and other services.
- JPMorgan Chase (NYSE:JPM): RBC Capital Mkts reiterated its rating of Outperform for this company and changed its price target from $54 to $50. About the company: JPMorgan Chase & Co. provides global financial services and retail banking. The Company provides services such as investment banking, treasury and securities services, asset management, private banking, card member services, commercial banking, and home finance. JP Morgan Chase serves business enterprises, institutions, and individuals.
- Bank of America (NYSE:BAC): FBR Capital Mkt reiterated its rating of Perform for this company and changed its price target from $12 to $8. About the company: Bank of America Corporation accepts deposits and offers banking, investing, asset management, and other financial and risk-management products and services. The Company has a mortgage lending subsidiary, and an investment banking and securities brokerage subsidiary.
- Informatica (NASDAQ:INFA): BMO Capital Markets reiterated its rating of Outperform for this company and changed its price target from $70 to $55. About the company: Informatica Corporation provides data integration software and services. The Company’s software allows its clients to access, integrate and trust all their information assets. Informatica’s infrastructure software categories include data integration, cloud computing, complex event processing, application information lifecycle management, data quality, B2B Data Exchange, and others.
- PriceSmart (NASDAQ:PSMT): The Benchmark Company reiterated its rating of Buy for this company and changed its price target from $70 to $87. About the company: PriceSmart, Inc. owns and manages international merchandising businesses. The Company licenses and owns membership stores using the trade name PriceSmart and PriceCostco. PriceSmart’s international market consists of Latin America and Asia. The Company also operates domestic merchandising programs, including its Auto Referral Program and its Travel Program.
- Riverbed Technology (NASDAQ:RVBD): FBR Capital reiterated its rating of Outperform for this company and changed its price target from $43 to $37. About the company: Riverbed Technology, Inc. manufactures and markets appliances used to connect computers in wide area networks.
(Note: Data on stock ratings are sourced from Briefing.com via the Wall St. Journal. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>