Stock Analyst Upgrades: JPMorgan and 7 More Top Stocks
Wall St. Watchdog reveals informationabout companies for which stock analysts upgraded their ratings on September 13th.
- JPMorgan Chase (NYSE:JPM): Stifel Nicolaus upgraded its rating on this company from Hold to Buy and changed its price target to $40. About the company: JPMorgan Chase & Co. provides global financial services and retail banking. The Company provides services such as investment banking, treasury and securities services, asset management, private banking, card member services, commercial banking, and home finance. JP Morgan Chase serves business enterprises, institutions, and individuals.
- Fifth Third (NASDAQ:FITB): RBC Capital Mkts upgraded its rating on this company from Sector Perform to Outperform and changed its price tag to $15. About the company: Fifth Third Bancorp is a diversified financial services company that operates banking centers in the Midwestern and Southeastern regions of the United States. The Company’s principal businesses include retail banking, commercial banking, investment advisory, and data processing.
- Umpqua Holdings (NASDAQ:UMPQ): Stifel Nicolaus upgraded its rating on this company from Hold to Buy and changed its price target to $11. About the company: Umpqua Holdings Corporation is the holding company for Umpqua Bank, an Oregon state-chartered bank. Umpqua Bank is engaged primarily in the business of commercial and retail banking and the delivery of retail brokerage services. The Bank provides asset management, mortgage banking and other financial services to corporate, institutional and individual customers.
- Kirby Corp (NYSE:KEX): Stifel Nicolaus upgraded its rating on this company from Hold to Buy and changed its price target to $66. About the company: Kirby Corporation operates a fleet of inland tank barges. The Company transports industrial chemicals, refined petroleum products, black oil products, and agricultural chemicals. Kirby also overhauls and services diesel engines employed in marine, power generation, and rail applications.
- Health Management (NYSE:HMA): Oppenheimer upgraded its rating on this company from Perform to Outperform and changed its price target to $11. About the company: Health Management Associates Inc. operates general acute care hospitals in rural communities located primarily in the southeastern and southwestern United States. The Company’s facilities offer a wide range of medical and surgical services.
- MGM Resorts (NYSE:MGM): Brean Murray upgraded its rating on this company from Hold to Buy and changed its price target to $15. About the company: MGM Resorts International operates gaming, hospitality and entertainment resorts. The Company owns properties in Nevada, Mississippi and Michigan in the United States; and owns interests in properties in Nevada and Illinois in the United States, and Macau. MGM Resorts also offers hospitality management services for casino and non-casino properties around the world.
- Yara ASA (YARIY): HSBC Securities upgraded its rating on this company from Neutral to Overweight. No price target was given. About the company: Yara International ASA is a Norway-based company engaged in the business of crop nutrition and industrial solutions. The Company is engaged in the supply of mineral fertilizer, converting energy, natural minerals and nitrogen from the air into products for farmers and industrial customers.
- Sunpower (NASDAQ:SPWRA): Auriga upgraded its rating on this company from Hold to Buy and changed its price target to $15. About the company: SunPower Corporation is an integrated solar products and services company that designs, manufactures and markets high-performance solar electric power technologies.
(Note: Data on stock ratings are sourced from Briefing.com via the Wall St. Journal. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>